ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Washer Pump / Bottle with pictures to help!!

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hi!

I got the usual problem of dodgy windscreen washer. Only a dribble comes out of front. I have taken off the :

Black plastic panel
Both front wipers
Both front wiper arms

I unbolted the wiper linkages but it seems to be connected to a small pipe like thing towards the bulkhead or interior so I didnt want to pull it too hard. Has anyone pulled theirs off?
2euhkm1.jpg

I pulled one pump off and it was hard to get to! I then realised my feet were wet as all the fluid came out of the pump hole down the wheel arch :nono: I now cant get it back in so I ideally need to get the hole washer bottle out so I can easily put the pump back.

Plus...

I'm not even sure that this is the right pump! So below is a picture of both pumps. (The left pump is taken out) Which one is for the windscreen?
2rzxhye.jpg

Also, How do you get this son of a b**** bolt undone to get the tank out? Do I really have to take all the linkages out?

14w95pt.jpg

Hope someone can help, Thing is...It might not be the pump as I can hear the pump going just not enough pressure coming out of the jets (Yes i've checked jets blocked). A lot of the pipes are quite black though but I have blown hard into them and nothing is budging. Plus I have Put an end of a bicycle pump on them and still no air going through them.

:S

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Ok thanks, I will have a go. In the 1st picture it looks like its attached to the interior or something that way though.

I replaced both my pumps on Friday, as Fred suggests above disconnect the loom and remove the complete assembly (3 bolts).

The piece in your first pic is just a round metal bracket that holds the assembly in place and the assembly will just slide off it.

The windscreen pump 'should' be the other one, the one on the right.

Another tip would be to re-use the original pump grommet that's in the washer bottle as I found one of my new ones kept leaking, but you may be lucky.

HTH

Ph2 Flamer
Bit of a ressurection but am trying to do the same thing and on getting the scuttle panel off I discovered the intermittent rattling i've been getting on idle is the washer bottle cos the bolt in the 3rd picture isn't there. Obviously makes getting it out nice and easy but where can I source a replacement bolt? what size is it?

Also I have a replacement for the pump missing from the pics, is this for the light washers then as its my screen washer thats knackered - is this the right part for the screen washer?

derv biege barge
I did this a while back. It can be done without removing wipers but is very tight space.

Getting the pump back in is the hardest bit. You need to put the rubber bung into the bottle before inserting the pump goes back together easier this way. I used a long Allan key and ring spanner to get it back in as my hands couldn't get in there.

Ph2 Flamer
Thanks but how big is the bolt holding the washer bottle in. Mines missing and I'd like to buy a replacement before pulling everything out again. Seen from searches its a 10mm bolt but not clear if that 10mm long or 10mm wide? If it's 10mm long then what size bolt is it M6?