ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Sun Strip

It's the first day there's been any sun since I bought my new car, so I've only just noticed it doesn't have one of those blue strips across the top of the windscreen, and that I couldn't see a thing while I was on the M1!

My last car came with one and it was excellent, so I was wondering if any of you have purchased an after-market one and how hard it was to attach?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
did you not just use your sunvisors?

you can get them, from anywhere like halfords and they easy to put on,
but they are considered to be "chavy" by some people.

ive just put one no my valver, but that had no headlining so im allowed :D

It's for the bit between the visors, which is where the sun ALWAYS seems to position itself! I wanted to stay away from the chavvy look, where did you get yours?

TrackCar & F30 330d
On here your only allowed one if you have a track car so you'll probably get fully roasted.

I have one and I think its great. Really easy to attach too just make sure you use a credit card to smooth the bubbles out. I'm sure there will be a guide on youtube :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It's for the bit between the visors, which is where the sun ALWAYS seems to position itself! I wanted to stay away from the chavvy look, where did you get yours?

It's a big sun pal!

Clio 1.4s Ph1!
Halfrauds sell them, but I also believe AutoWindscreens does and fits them for the same price.
Illegal if the wiper touches them but I'm sure they're fine if it doesn't, I had one on when my car went to insurance to be written off and they didn't mention it.

Iceberg 172
The wiper hitting it is just a guide.

If you're fitting one which you can't see out of then the % of the windscreen applies... I can't remember what the percentage you're allowed anymore so you'll have to research that... but it's the same % of window tint you're allowed.

TBH, unless you're fitting one which covers half the screen then I can't see you getting any issues about it.

I think a subtle one can look quite good... Just don't get one which has "RENAULT SPORT" on it!!!!!!!!!!