ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Regulators

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
if its just the plastic clip that is broken, you can get them on ebay. thats whats happened to mine, but i cheap skated it and just stuck bluetack in. it still working now lmao.
good deal if the regulator is dead tho!

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
How can I see what's causing it? i.e. If it is the plastic clip? I am not technically minded ar all...

when you press the button for the window, do you hear the motor and movement? if you do then check the clip as so:
you have to get the door panel off. 3 torq's on the bottom of door, then the handle and push the door open handle inwards-ish. there is also a small a frame-ish type platic part you need to just pull away. if the door trim has never been off before you would have to give it a good yank, there is this black tacky stuff in the door(probably to stop vibrations etc).

Last edited:
Can't hear the motor or anything. I assume it has just died. Pain in the ass.

Is it worth getting a second hand part?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Can't hear the motor or anything. I assume it has just died. Pain in the ass.

Is it worth getting a second hand part?

hmm im not so sure about that really, depends how much the window got previously winded up/down lol. probably best buying a new one, burt then if its from a low mileage car..... knowing me i probably wud get second hand lol. since passenger is less likely to have been used as well

clio sold :(
Just before you get it done. I read on the Megane Forum when mine packed up an didnt even click! That the cable are rearly tight and stretched to the sockets and they come loose losing connection.
I got my hands into the door cards pushed the clips back onto the motor one needed and angry bash but they all started working again and never failed after.
You had to reset top and bottom but problem solved
That make sense?

Just before you get it done. I read on the Megane Forum when mine packed up an didnt even click! That the cable are rearly tight and stretched to the sockets and they come loose losing connection.
I got my hands into the door cards pushed the clips back onto the motor one needed and angry bash but they all started working again and never failed after.
You had to reset top and bottom but problem solved
That make sense?

Yeah I see what you're trying to say. Got a link to the page on the Meg forum? It's worth a go I suppose!

I've tried my local Renault dealer and am still waiting for a call back regarding cost etc.

One thing I did wonder though, was that Renault say they cover X amount of the cost if it's done within 7 years of the car being made. Mine is a 56 plate, so will it still fall within the 7 years?

I have asked the guy at the Renault garage this, but am still waiting on a response from them as above.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
I've tried my local Renault dealer and am still waiting for a call back regarding cost etc.

One thing I did wonder though, was that Renault say they cover X amount of the cost if it's done within 7 years of the car being made. Mine is a 56 plate, so will it still fall within the 7 years?

I have asked the guy at the Renault garage this, but am still waiting on a response from them as above.

well they are on 13 at the moment with new cars, so i would assume so, just.

Lmao open your passenger door on the side of the dash is a panel pull this away and it will reveal the fuses there is a chart on the flap you pull away to tell you what fuse is what but its good practice to pull fuses out one by one and check them all.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f

It's 76% for cars up to 10 years old now

Quick update on this.

Just spoke to a nice chap from Renault Customer Services. The 7 year time period has been scrapped, and in his words, there "is now no time period", meaning that they will contribute to cost be it 2 or 20 years old.