ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams started using excessive Fuel

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
.....It doesnt appear to be leaking out anywhere,but its drinking it like never before! Not getting 200 miles out of a tank,and thats driving as gentle as I can. Is it just likely to be the service parts(plugs/leads/timing sensor/Cap?),things that I can sort myself.Or is there anything else? It has the CAT in and is Standard.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Il find and have a look at that pipe tomorrow then,and allso cast my eye underneath at the exhaust/Lambda.
A new set of plugs wont hurt it I was thinking anyway so that too.
Cheers for the replys lads.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
is there anything to suggest it might be running rich?

Its as flat as a pancake ATM so somthings not rite.

With the Lambda..can I tell if its knackered just by looking at it? Or do I need to take the car to a Garage for a exhaust test or somthing?

you can tell by putting a multimeter on it and testing the voltage, it should vary...
i.e 12.7-12.4v or something like that!! cant remember off the top of me head...

ive got spares of every sensor if you want to borrw them mate.

Symptoms if a fucked lamba are when its cold and idling revs dip down and then pick up again, and when you drive it it will kangaroo, and then sorts itself when warm.

Try unplugging the battery for a few hours, reset the ECU

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Sounds like it could be the Lambda then guys....it does the rev dropping thing when i first start the car for 5 minutes or so.
Il get on the case........