ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Diff/Problem

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Ive had a problem with my Williams for around 6months now.Its fine under normal driving conditions,but if you are to turn left hard whilst on the move and have much power going down through the wheels(probably around half throttle upwards) the car feels like it loses drive and makes a banging noise.its fine again once you straighten up.Turning right and driving straight you can use full throttle/lock with no problems. Its had a new gearbox/driveshafts around 2years ago,so could this possibly be a problem with the diff? Allso if it is,is that a changeable part or is it integrated in the gearbox(Apologies if that is a thick question)
Any suggestion welcome.

when i was with you on haynes, it was wheel tramp. get undernead and try and move the driveshafts in and out(towards the box and back towards the hubs) if there is any play its a cv joint. which is a new shaft.

Caddy Maxi
be either the shaft is broken or the diff is screwed mate. one of the lads had this problem and unfortunately is was the diff. happened to him when his box mount snappes so check the mount also maybe? just ship the shaft out the box and look if the end has busted off, if not..................... cry lol

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Ah rite.....
It happened after my box mount snapped,so it sounds like it would be that.Ive been driving it like this now for about 6 months now....trickling around lol.
Is the Diff a separate Part from the Gearbox? Or do you change the whole box?

Caddy Maxi
change the lot is best mate, not sure if oyu can get the diff out but its just as much trouble, my advice would be to stop driving it! your doing more damage mate. if you have to drive it then dont go very far! it does sound like its the diff thats been done in but worth checking the shaft forst anyway