ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will this pass MOT?

Simple one for you guys..

will this pass?

Ps. I didn't kurb

8D8446C0-7790-4B9B-ABF8-75F1CA9D65C0.jpg

Last edited:
  Megane dci 130
As above, if you see the structure of the tyre it fails. And assuming it hasn't developed a bulge.

PB Clio 172
if its down to the cords yes

if not and you can see no cords its fine ! but me being me I wouldn't like to be driving on that TBH

Parking cuts will not fail an mot , that area of the tyre is normally just a rim protector to serve as a buffer to rim damage , most garages would glue that down rather than stick a new tyre on.

if you have a bulge then the structure of the carcass is damaged and you risk a blowout something very different to a cut , i very much doubt you would get a blowout from a cut you do risk it seriously from a bulge .

changing it is up to you , i have managed a cut like that on a few week old tyre before , it lasted fine for another 40k after glueing the flap down .

mot testers rules state cut no more than 25mm , and no cord showing

Last edited: