ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will there ever be...

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
...another bargain like the 172 Cup?? I got mine with delivery mileage pre registered with reg vardy for £10,500 back in Feb 2004. I know they were selling quite a few for that price back then. What a car for the price though, it's even holding its own against todays more modern hot hatches.

I can't personally see another deal like that ever again...what do you think?

p.s Yes i know its poverty spec blah blah blah but £ for £ it was an absolute steal

Clio 1.2 16v
im sure there is great deals out there, its just finding thme... you got a amazing deal there

my Gf was going to but a Citroen C1 back a few months ago.. for 9k i saw the same model in the paper yesterday for little over 5k, the way things are i dont think i could buy a new car straight of the shelf.

DCi 100
Main thing I wonder about is whether they'll make another car like the V6, I'll be quite disapointed if they don't.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How could you justify buying a new car just now. It would need to have some serious discount like the run-out vectra shape for 7999 ect... But they will still lose money tbh.

The 197 wasn't a bad car to buy new especially the last of them weren't a bad price although the same goes you're still going to lose 2k+ driving out the showroom.

Ps to alex... companies are in no postion to be building cars like that just now I believe, iirc the focus rs (new) would never have been built if it was 6 months later in starting development.

DCi 100
Ps to alex... companies are in no postion to be building cars like that just now I believe, iirc the focus rs (new) would never have been built if it was 6 months later in starting development.

True bud, as dim as it is, but hopefully we won't be in the recession forever and triumphs will return.:)

How could you justify buying a new car just now. It would need to have some serious discount like the run-out vectra shape for 7999 ect... But they will still lose money tbh.

The 197 wasn't a bad car to buy new especially the last of them weren't a bad price although the same goes you're still going to lose 2k+ driving out the showroom.

The problem with that attitude, is that if people don't start buying new cars soon, there will be nothing available to buy. Imagine a world where the only cars you can buy are generic ultra-mass produced boring boxes made in China & Brazil. Never say never. Believe me, the industry is on it's arse in a major f'ucking way, and it won't fix itself. If this carries on, the big hitters are all going to fall over.

Clio 1.2 16v
The problem with that attitude, is that if people don't start buying new cars soon, there will be nothing available to buy. Imagine a world where the only cars you can buy are generic ultra-mass produced boring boxes made in China & Brazil. Never say never. Believe me, the industry is on it's arse in a major f'ucking way, and it won't fix itself. If this carries on, the big hitters are all going to fall over.

+1

no one buys any cars it will be the more popular companys going out of business.... renualt / vauxhall / ford..

might not happen tomorow but in time if no one is willing to snap up the bargains there all offering ATM... dont exepct to much in the future

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Totally agree Roy if everyone is scared to buy new the car industry will fall on it's arse for good but who's job is it to take out massive finance or loans to get a 10k+ car?
Although the new fiesta has sold bucketloads.
My bros garage and another local one can't get enough to fill the orders!

Yeah, the new Fiesta is very good news for Ford. I'm proud to have been part of its development TBPFH. The 18 months of misery were worth it :approve:

320d
If there where deals like this around i'm sure people would be queing up to buy brand new cars.

Unfortunately there probably isn't enough profit in it for them to produce cars like a 172 Cup so cheapley.

If I could get my hands on a 197 Cup brand new for £10,500 I would almost definately buy one. I'd have to finance it over 5 years but it would definately be worth it.

Shame its not going to happen.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, the new Fiesta is very good news for Ford. I'm proud to have been part of its development TBPFH. The 18 months of misery were worth it :approve:
Yeah my bros garage have been lapping it up, even the zetec-s which could be spec' to 13k ish has sold really really well.
I like ford and i'm happy for them, not seen a lot of ka's about yet.

Do you think the fiesta and the ka are too close together now Roy?
Size wise and the interior in the ka isn't as far away from the fiesta like the old one is so more people would rather pay the extra 1-2k and get a fiesta.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
If there where deals like this around i'm sure people would be queing up to buy brand new cars.

Unfortunately there probably isn't enough profit in it for them to produce cars like a 172 Cup so cheapley.

If I could get my hands on a 197 Cup brand new for £10,500 I would almost definately buy one. I'd have to finance it over 5 years but it would definately be worth it.

Shame its not going to happen.

Same here mate, I would really like a new car for that sort of cash but when i look nothing can compare to the cup unfortunately. I certainly wouldn't have a problem buying new/pre registered again if the price was right.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If the price is right is the main point.

Look I know the point is the motor industry is pisch because people won't buy new cars but go on to PH and new cars are ££££'s cheaper 6months old, people just aren't going to spend new if they can buy 6month old for cheaper it's just fact sadly.

MCS R56
Yeah, the Cup was a bargain. I got mine for £10,500 too, pre registered. There was nothing close in terms of performance vs. £, for basically a new car.

I doubt there will be many bargains as good as that any time soon.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT

You can't stop globalisation.

Its all about supply and demand, you can't support un-sustainable companies. Car manufactuers have to make car's that they dont want to in order to survive.

You can't stop globalisation.

Its all about supply and demand, you can't support un-sustainable companies. Car manufactuers have to make car's that they dont want to in order to survive.

Yes of course. Supply and demand. Manufacturers building cars, and customers buying them. They aren't buying them. The industry is suffering.