ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will I regret selling up?

J.W

RB 182 Cup
I've owned my Clio for almost a year now after buying it as a spare of the moment thing from the local stealers.

I was always curious as to what they had to offer and to be honest it's been a great car, I've owned some pretty quick cars in the past (Mainly Jap) but the Clio is definitely up there with the best, well balanced and great fun to drive.

So who's owned one, sold up for similar reasons and came back to the fold?

I bought a low mileage 325ti sport with all the toys this weekend and I'm hoping this can keep me entertained but tbh the two are pretty much Chalk & Cheese. I'd love to keep the Clio as a second car but can't justify running two cars financially.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I think you'll regret it mate, not as much as you will not selling me those 2118s ;)

J.W

RB 182 Cup
Ha ha!

The bits on the car will sell it, just been looking at the receipts from what I've spent on it over the last few months, think I was having some sort of crisis!

J.W

RB 182 Cup
Ha ha!

The bits on the car will sell it, just been looking at the receipts from what I've spent on it over the last few months, think I was having some sort of crisis!

Honda ATR
Dont do it, Ive had two 182's and now own a Ph1 172. People give me a load of stick for buying them but their such little awesome cars. Ill probably have my ph1 for many years to come.

phase 1 172
In a word, yes. I know i would regret it. what other car can you get that costs so little and offers so much fun. Plus if you really want to you can get 40+ mpg's out of it! appart from maybe insurance costs where are the down sides?

J.W

RB 182 Cup
I'm looking for different things from the 325, comfort being one of them, build quality which comes a close second!

So what makes the 325 such a bad move from the Clio? I know drivability will be sacrificed and I won't have the pin point steering ability of the Clio but this is something I'm willing to lose.....

I think a fully loaded last of the line 325ti sport with only 49k on the clock is a bargain at £5k of anyone's money, I could of always gone for a ford focus I suppose :) I just hope the pro's outweigh the con's of making the change...

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yeah you'll regret. Keep the clio and sell the 325.

More fun in the clio :)

Oh and parts prices for them BMW's aren't exactly cheap too!

260% JCW
5k may be a bargain but it's

More expensive to tax and fill up
Thirsty
Parts are expensive

J.W

RB 182 Cup
£15 a year more to tax, about 2-3p per mile more on fuel and I can't see parts prices being an issue to be honest...

Just realised if it's the 325ti then that would be the compact not the coupe?! (I think)... The looks are a bit marmite for people, but personally I really like the ones in "Msport" trim and was weighting one up along with a couple of things before my Clio.

Don't think it'll be a patch on the 182 for enjoyment factor though

Deja vu 182
I ve had 3 182 s , sold the first for a impreza wrx and the second got sold for cheaper motoring mondeo zetec s tdci . Have got another one now though (sheep spec! ) and am definately not selling this one :)

PH1 iceburg
I sold mine and regret it so much. Spend time on here now torturing myself about how much i want another. Stupid fcuking weddings.

Rusty Cup
Its not as if you cant buy another clio if things really get that bad!!

Do it and let us know if the grass is any greener on the otherside :D

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I thought I'd regret selling my Monaco 172 (despite it being unreliable and a shed) because I loved it and it was great fun to drive.

The reason I don't regret selling is I bought an R26 (not realising it had RS Tuning Stage 2) so it's a fantastic car to drive and epically fast.

I think you will regret selling because I can't imagine a 325 will be as fun to drive.

Sell the 182 Cup and 325 then buy an R26 with stage 2 :)