ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will fk coilover rear springs be a straight swap for 172 springs ?

Golf TDI
basically my mate has a spare set of fk coilover springs that go in the rear platforms . my 172 is lowered 40 mm on apex springs but currently the front seems very low in comparison to the rear ....so we are thinking sometime this week just dropping the apex out of the back and sticking an fk coilover spring into the back . will there be any problems ? there is nothing i can think off .. :)

Golf TDI
are you gonna use the fk platform?if not then it wont work

doubt the shocks would perform very well

no im not using the fk platform , also you must deff know what i mean foxy , your old blue fk springs . basically use them as my rear springs ....how would the shocks perform ? are we talking bumpy ? as i know what bumpy is like ;) or just plain terrible ?

yeah the blue ones....the bottom hole is wayyy larger than the locator on the rear beam, so the spring would just move around? thats why you have the platform, as its the same size as the bottom of the spring....

i rekon the shocks might bottom out, as soon as you lower it off the jack, lol

Golf TDI
was chatting to a mate in work today and he said a well made point , that being that he and most probably many other people take the adjusters out of their rear coilover setups to get that extra drop . so he said the hole in his springs are bigger that the vauxhall hub platform .

Golf TDI
right i have started a trial with them on the car , seems fairly fine so far , will have a closer inspection tomorrow to see how theyre coping . kieran :)

Golf TDI
theyre coilover springs from a fk kit . its dropped down but im not sure if they will move about at all , altough its no different from taking the adjustment platforms out to get them extra few mm ( which is what people running coilovers ) tend to do .

M2 Competition
With the adjuster platforms removed the rear springs are still the same size as the platform they mount on.

You dont remove everything otherwise they'd slide out from under the car!

Id whack the apex back in.