ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will decat'ing a 182 ff cause EML to come on?

Clio 182 & BMW 335d
Thinking of a exhaust system and decat, will this throw the engine light on if so how do you remove it without having to map it? Resetting it on code readers are usually only a temporary fix and usually ping on again with other cars

Listerine & Poledo
1) yes it will
2) pretty sure that only a map wlll fix it...other than removing that bulb from the dash or putting tape over it.

realistically, if you're going to decat, then you'd really need a remap anyway else it'd be 99% a waste of effort

Listerine & Poledo
I'm no pro about this, but I dont think so.
Again, you'll do no real good by decatting etc without a remap to exploit it all anyway.

Clio 182 & BMW 335d
Don't want to map just yet, the exhaust is shot to bits in every section so I just bought a second hand decat full system and wondered if it was going to be the EML im gonna be faced with but thanks for your help!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I ran it, light came on after a couple of days.

unplugged 2nd lambda sensor, light went out

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
if your car is already got the 98 ron on and i went for a decat,will this cause any problems

Clio 182 & BMW 335d
The system I'm putting on is a scorpion SRN019 decat won't be getting it mapped just yet, the exhaust its self onto has 1 lambda sensor screw hole in it, not sure whether it's the first or second one as not got it yet and not got mine off yet to look

Listerine & Poledo
Isn't that just a quick way to screw the fuelling? You wont want to run over-lean for too long.

I'm struggling to get why you're reluctant to get the map done though. If you're planning on bolting on more go-faster bits then fair enough, no sense yet.

Clio 182 & BMW 335d
Because at the moment the car needs brakes and tyres all round, the exhaust was rotten from front to back so I got hold of a whole system at the moment there's other things that take priority. I will get it mapped eventually but not right now only wanted to know if it would throw the light on

Clio 182
why will the 98 ron map cause problems with a decat? Henk said the ecu would automatically adjust to the higher temperatures when i asked?? i run a scorpion decat on a stock system and i have had no eml light to date