ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will a crash in a works vehicle with business insurance effect my personal insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: Will a crash in a works vehicle with business insurance effect my personal insura

Genius.

Ask for advice, get advice from a reputable source, ignore advice because its not what you wanted to hear.

That is displaying the characteristics of dickheadeus maximus

RS6 C7
Re: Will a crash in a works vehicle with business insurance effect my personal insura

i didnt ignore it i took his advice, it was the other people that i wa son about...

Listerine & Poledo

i will ring up and find out

Since you refuse to believe anyone on here, even people from insurers, why dont you ask your insurance company directly.

But they probaby wont tell you what you want to hear either

Clio Trophy

il b simple. i wouldnt declare it. they can see every claim anyway so if they see it they just add it on to ur premium at a later date by sendn u a letter. worth a try

Yozz'd up 182

^LOL

Yes U R ;)

Listerine & Poledo

I done crash
needz I clame?
wuzznt mi folt innit, diesel

Mock%20Crashed%20Car%20in%20Cookstown%20Aug%202008.jpg.jpg

350z, Subaru Legacy

lolz for all... And what is going on in your avatar Goodj?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

800% visibility clio

Trafic 140dci

i swear no one has said the obvious thing

call your car insurance company, tell them whats happened, and if its supposed to be declared they will tell you, if not they'll tell you so - sorted lol

182, 6r GTi

from how i see it its your fault if you knowingly took a work van out when its not fit to be on the road its ur fault. not your companys fault same as tyres etc if you dont check them the blame and point will go to you. and points dont make prizes ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

how can people not comprehend this??

Have you had ANY claims in the last 3 years regaurdless of fault.......

its a yes/no question,
you can just think well, im not sure if that comes under "ANY CLAIMS"
so to be safe......ill just say no!

Weo

if the traffic officer was following you and the van infront had a break light out and their abs wasnt working. did you not mention this in any report?

RS6 C7

the first thing i said when i got out was i never saw any brake lights...., to be honest they were so lazy it was unreal, all they did was make sure everyone was ok then just drive off leaving me and him to swap details..., at the end of the day its my fault and i have no way of proving he had no brakelights :(

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Doesn't sound lazy to me.

Was anyone injured? If not, leaving you to sort it out yourselves is standard practice. Why do you need a policeman to make sure you all swap details?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

One other thing to think about...

Regardless of brake lights, if the car in front is getting bigger, you might want to think about braking.

Stop trying to place blame everywhere but yourself. In unfortunate circumstances you were not paying attention, and you'll pay the price for that.

If you man up and admit that you could have done something differently/better that would have eliminated/reduced the chance of you having an impact, you might be a better driver one day.

1. Yes you need to declare it no matter what.

2. You will be classed as at fault as you obviously didn't leave enough space to stop.

3. You were driving a van with a known braking fault???????

RS6 C7

i adminted it was my fault...., yes im driving a van with a brake fault if i said to the boss i refuse to drive this van i would loose my job....

i adminted it was my fault...., yes im driving a van with a brake fault if i said to the boss i refuse to drive this van i would loose my job....

He would have no legal grounds to sack you. If he tried, you would have him over a barrel. Live and learn I'm afraid.

Skoda Fabia vRS

so what did your insurance say when you rang them ?

Clio 172 Cup

Only part of this that isn't clear to me is will the claim be on some sort of insurance record in terms of a business claim (under company name, no mention of employee who crashed) or will the drivers details also be logged?

2 lads at work have recently had crashes and the company never asked them to give any details or sign anything to say yes, we was driving when the crashed happened.

So when they ring to renew, the insurance company won't have any record of a claim under there name etc. So not having to declare it?

Or am I talking b****cks and you just have to use good old honesty when renewing?

Clio Trophy

ok im going to clear this up once and for all. its down to the companys insurance. i contacted my works insurance to ask them and they said i dont need to declare anything because the company insures you for so much before the insurance gets involved. check with the individual company insurance.

flol @ some of the comments in here. If you crash in a works vehicle and its sorted in house then why declare it?

If you had a personal crash and sorted it out cash to avoid insurance would you still declare it come renewal? Would you fk. Same principle here.

Listerine & Poledo

undeclared information = invalid policy.

fill your boots fella, I mean, it's not as if insurers dont like paying out is it.

Yes, you will need to declare the claim.

I'm not why people are telling you otherwise, awful advice to give out on a public forum, if you dont know, or are unsure then dont offer advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.