ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wight saving of a Carbon fibre bonnet (1#2)?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I honestly hadnt got a clue.

Quite shocked if people are shelling out hundreds to save 6kg though

b/g 182, meg tourer
I honestly hadnt got a clue.

Quite shocked if people are shelling out hundreds to save 6kg though

its the look tho too.
personally i dont really like the look of cf. i think it can look very tacky when its overdone. the odd touch here and there is nice tho

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Ok thanks for the comments.

Its not for a clio its for my corsa, but this forum is much more helpful than the VXR one (most posts are along the lines of “How do I change a bulb”) so thought id get an idea of the saving.

No prices and weights have been released yet for them, but people have started to put there names down so I just wanted an idea.

For the weight saving silly it’s a lot of money. Im looking for stuff to do with the car that wont invalidate my warranty. Weight saving is one of them.

Looks like I’ll be getting a Tripe Eight remap then instead!!

R35 GTR
It costs roughly £50/bhp for increasing power on the f4r. If I gain 3bhp/tonne with mine I will be happy.lol.

Chocolate Bar™
the weight saving is really down to its construction. fibreglass backing, fully carbon, metal backing structure?

R35 GTR
I thought it might be closer to £100/bhp

I base all my mods on £50/bhp.

£1000 can get you just under 200bhp, approx 20bhp gain.
Individual throttle bodies, £2500, 50bhp gain.
Turbo, around 6k+, 120bhp gain.

very rough estimation, but I use it as a good indication as to whether a modification is good value for money.