ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos iPhone 4 has broke already?

Clio 182 cup'd
what i am most impressed by is the no hassle getting it sorted. ok bit of a pain gonig to cambridge.

but i go in the apple store. get booked in. sit at the genius bar. talk to ''katie'' and explain what has happened. she has a play with the iphone. sees the frotn camera doesn't work. goes gets a new one. i leave.

i get home. turn on mbp. plug in iphone. do a back up and within a few minutes my phone is completely restored.

jsut so so so easy. :cool:

Within 28 days, you are entitled to a replacement or refund anyway, so nothing new there. Where apple excel is that they will replace for brand new at any point during the warranty period.

Within 28 days, you are entitled to a replacement or refund anyway, so nothing new there. Where apple excel is that they will replace for brand new at any point during the warranty period.

No, they replace with a refurbished handset.

Still bloody good though.

Interesting to see what O2 are doing about refunds etc as their new tariffs explicitly said that you waived the option to cancel..

well, mine is going back today. the baseband issue isn't a major problem because that can be sorted with the update. the signal since moving to orange has been poor at home though, and couple that together with the baseband issue and i have a phone that hasn't allowed me to make a call from my house. 80% orange's fault, 20% apple's.

now i just need to sit and wait for new stock

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
This is one for all the guys and gals with Iphone 4's, as Im left handed, and as such always use my left hand to hold the phone...does this mean when I recieve my iphone its basically going to have rubbish signal unless I pay £25 for a bumper? Does the bumper eradicate the issue totally? I had one reserved on the day of launch, but couldnt get anywhere near the store so ended up buying on line, with an expected delivery date of 16th of July....

This is one for all the guys and gals with Iphone 4's, as Im left handed, and as such always use my left hand to hold the phone...does this mean when I recieve my iphone its basically going to have rubbish signal unless I pay £25 for a bumper? Does the bumper eradicate the issue totally? I had one reserved on the day of launch, but couldnt get anywhere near the store so ended up buying on line, with an expected delivery date of 16th of July....

As for the bumpers, sneeks has done a comparison here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showpost.php?p=6888361&postcount=31

FF RB 182
I have no problems :D

Bumper does help, I got two cases for £5 off ebay (clear one and a black one) then i bought a gear4 one from a o2 shop for £20.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've had a couple of ocassions where despite having 3G or Wifi the phone hasn't wanted to download any data (even after a full power cycle) apart from that no problems.

No, they are refurbs. You're wrong.

I'm left handed and not had a single problem.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
^

If I took my "4" back to the Apple shop for a replacement, would there be refurbs available this early though?

I would of thought for the first couple of weeks / months you'd get a brand new hand set as a straight swap?

Lee

BMW M2C
That's mine sorted. I was in the Genius Bar for 5.20, the dude confirmed the fault and swapped it for a new one, no questions asked. I was out of there by 5.30.

Leon Cupra 300
^ Do you have to of bought from an Apple store to take them back to them for a replacement?

i.e is it a bit of a warranty centre?

Lee

BMW M2C
All restored and back to normal. Easy as that.

You can't fault Apple for their customer service. It doesn't matter where you bought the device from, you are still an Apple customer.

1998 BMW e46 323i
The 3GS I have in my hand here surely isn't a refurb? (replaced by apple the other day). It's absolutely minty mint, mintier than a polo mint.

Honda. Tesla Someday
The 3GS I have in my hand here surely isn't a refurb? (replaced by apple the other day). It's absolutely minty mint, mintier than a polo mint.

I happen to have a mate working for Apple as well, and the replacements for the 3G's and the 3GS's ARE refurbs.
They are VERY good refurbs, they all have NEW cases (shells) and new batterys. They are all also tested thoroughly. BUT, they ARE refurbs.

Some people PREFER to buy the refurbs because they are so thoroughly tested.

FACT. /end

ITB'd MK1
Share the wealth brother.

you only get a teaser ;)

Photo0014.gif

Photo045.jpg

Clio 182 cup'd
I happen to have a mate working for Apple as well, and the replacements for the 3G's and the 3GS's ARE refurbs.
They are VERY good refurbs, they all have NEW cases (shells) and new batterys. They are all also tested thoroughly. BUT, they ARE refurbs.

Some people PREFER to buy the refurbs because they are so thoroughly tested.

FACT. /end

According to the Internet, some are refurbs and some are brand new. The Internet also suggests that certain serial numbers are allocated to refurbs aswell, if this is the case then mine is not a refurb. So who knows!

you have NO idea of the catalog of pictures i have from a mate who works in a phone shop. He got a vid of his FIT(!!!!) neighbour getting reamed hard on friday. I only have stills of her so far ;)

I still think that as a matter of life or death (and for the viewing pleasure of CS) you should get said video.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
So has anyone elses screen gone slightly off focus at the bottom? last cm or so is stlightly blury