ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline Rear ARB / Sway Bar For Road Use? | Clio 182

FF Orange Clio 182
Hello,

I have bought a Clio with a Rear Whiteline ARB and wondered what they are like for road use? I've tried to do a bit of research but haven't really found a definitive answer. I am not too bothered about outright performance but would prefer my car to be controlled (and safe) especially in the wet weather since I have only been driving 2 years and my last car was 70bhp :wink:

Should I remove it? What are they like on the b-roads?

Thanks, Oliver

53 Clio's & counting
The tighten up the rear end a bit basically. I have done about 30k of road/track driving with a rear ARB on Clio's and I personally like it - it tends to make the front a little pointier - I like it

I've had mine on my car for the best part of a year and unless you are driving like an idiot in the wet you will be fine. Mine is set on hard too which can make the back end tend to snap traction a lot quicker when you are pushing hard.

Don't drive stupid and enjoy improved handling

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm yet to experience a bit of oversteer on normal roads with it on. If you're driving hard enough to get the back end out like that then you really shouldn't be (on public roads).

I think there's a lot of scare mongering on this forum about once fitting one your car turns into an oversteering beast which is bullshit.

Just makes the turn in much sharper imo.

FF Orange Clio 182
Thanks, I do drive a little hard from time to time but I'm much more concerned about understeer than oversteer.
In my old car I could 'feel' the limit of grip, but with the 182 it feels like I can keep going which is bothering me a little bit.
Is it more likely to understeer in the wet with an arb?

Cup In bits
I eco above comment, great bits of kit.

If you're worried.... Letting off while under steering will cause weight change and oversteer.... oversteer while driving will will be cured by accelerating.

First rule of FWD... Keep the foot in lol.

172 cup
Glad ive read this thread as its something ive been wondering. (Sorry to steal your thread) What ARB is best / Value for money ??

Whiteline i know is one. But i do know its slightly thinner than another brand but cant remember it.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's on here mate. But I have three or four inline
Jesus I bet your rear end is really stiff then?? 🙈

Z1eIy.gif

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Going to go against the grain here. In my opinion, the whiteline rarb does create oversteer, especially in the wet where I found it quite snappy. Had many a fun drifty moment on a wet roundabout.
Mine was with the SPAX RSX full coilover kit and was set to hard. To try and explain it in simple language, the whiteline turned up the lift off oversteer volume knob up a few notches. Seemed to be more of a tripod in the dry and on track too.

330i. E30 Touring.
With Coilovers set to hard, not surprising.

On OEM shocks, you'd do well to get oversteer without driving like a real knobber

FF Orange Clio 182
Thanks, gonna keep it on for now. I think it's set to medium, just gonna keep it that way for now.

Currently have prolines on.