ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline drop links?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Depends, is your car still on standard height droplinks and do they cause any issue?

I know on Polo's you have to run shorter droplinks on lowered cars as I quickly learnt with my sisters 6C. Whereas on my Megane running standardised droplinks are fine

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Depends, is your car still on standard height droplinks and do they cause any issue?

I know on Polo's you have to run shorter droplinks on lowered cars as I quickly learnt with my sisters 6C. Whereas on my Megane running standardised droplinks are fine

It's for the octavia.

Cars dropped 25 to 30mm, was gonna replace the fronts anyway.

Plastic drop links on rear of these too!

Are pricey but a guy is selling some used that have done 150 miles

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
If it's lowered and the ARB is under tension, then adjustable links will make a difference.

You don't want any preload on the ARB ideally.

Need to set the length of the link when the car is at normal ride height.

Made a nice difference to turn in on my MR2 when I neutralized the ARB's via adjustable drop links. They must be set with the suspension loaded, needs to be done on a ramp really.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Had a look and there are much cheaper options than the whiteline now. Will try some up front, ta.

Spring loaded suspension seem to do a couple of sets