ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline ARB or Rear Strut brace

Clio Sport 182
Simples really, do they do the same thing

Should I buy both or one or the other which do you suggest?

I really want to refine the handling now, its got full cup suspension but I want to get a driving on rails feel.

Any ideas guys.

Budget not really a worry

From what I've read on here (I'm no expert though) don bother with rear strut, just go for the white line arb as I've never seen a bad review on them!

Clio Sport 182
Roger that!

Lads at K-Tec were raging about top mounts apparently they a massive improvement

Lionel Richie
well the kit is £210 inc vat to fit won't take more than 1.5hours, sub £300 no problem, or you can fit it yourself

Clio Sport 182
I have the mechanical experience of one handed monkey who's taken too much acid.

Id rather pay some one and get it righ

Lionel Richie
at least you can admit it! some of the abortions we see at work are terrible, "my dad was a mechanic" - yeah maybe in 1962

Clio Sport 182
NA sod that id rather pay the work of a expert, three reasons. 1 - I got some come back if it goes wrong, 2 - When i sell the car i can show receipts showing the work has been done by a proffesional 3 - Lifes to short to under a bonnet f**king about with things you don't know about, id rather pay the bill

Clio 172
My Whiteline arb turned up the other day, I am looking forward to fitting it but might need some advice first. Concerned if I undo the bolt at the bottom of the struts my struts will fire out like two cannons lol.

Craig it sounds like our mechanical knowledge could go hand in hand, 2 one handed monkey's on acid.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
whiteline arb was the best thing I ever bought for mine.

Pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace never really saw the benefit off it so removed it

Lionel Richie
whiteline arb was the best thing I ever bought for mine.

Pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace never really saw the benefit off it so removed it

your car spends more time in bits than it does driving, therefore i vote your point as void ;)

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have owned front and rear strut braces and they did nothing to the handling. total waste of money.
the whiteline arb on the other hand i would strongly suggest. love mine :)

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Got Whiteline ARB from JAM-Sport for a good price, ordered beginning of Jan, arrived this week, get one ordered sharpish!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I have both and they work very well combined,but I would go for the ARB out of the two as it makes the biggest difference.

clio 1.2 16v campus
how can you be a car guy and not know like being under a bonnet ?
NA sod that id rather pay the work of a expert, three reasons. 1 - I got some come back if it goes wrong, 2 - When i sell the car i can show receipts showing the work has been done by a proffesional 3 - Lifes to short to under a bonnet f**king about with things you don't know about, id rather pay the bill

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Does anybody know the cheapest instock place for whitelines at the moment? Balancemotorsport?

Cup 172. <3
I fail to see how these strut braces don't do anything cause surely it is stiffening the shell thus reducing flex in the shell, which therefore let's the suspension do all of the work?

Lotus Elise
The chassis doesn't flex by the rear shocks, they are also mounted by two tiny studs from the dampers.

Clio Sport 182
how can you be a car guy and not know like being under a bonnet ?

Simples, id rather drive and enjoy it.....than spunk in my pants about what's under the bonnet. Clio's are a drivers car......just drive it......very very fast