ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

white smoke and lots of it

182 FF Arctic
I know its very cold at the moment but ive noticed that my 182 is billowing white smoke on full throtle its fine during normal driving but whe i floor it it leaves a trail about 4 or 5 car lengths behind me even after a 30 mile run its not using water & runs fine is this normal std car by the way

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Condensation in the exhaust. If it's not returning any gunk to the expansion tank, just take it on a hard drive for an hour or so. That'll cure it.

182 FF Arctic
Its mainly when I floor it from standing start or moving, no gunk anywhere I do only do short trips to work about a mile or so but I did around a 60 mile round trip yesterday & nearer to home I opened it up a few times & it was still as bad It's still got the std exhaust & from what I've read they hold a lot of water in the backboxes or would it be the same with an aftermarket exhaust?

When driving normal there isn't any when warmed up

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The name from long ago.

Just check that it's not returning any guff to the expansion tank first.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cold or warm.

If the tank's clear, go for a blast. And don't pussy foot about. I'm talking limiter-kissing.

182 FF Arctic
still no different its embarrassing to give it any stick as i said its running spot on apart from the temp needle fluctuates slightly but i think it needs the stat replacing

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Are u sure its not just that there is hot water vapour coming out into (what is recently) a cold environment.
Did you own the car in summer?

182 FF Arctic
That's what I wanted to here. Is this the same with aftermarket exhausts? When you say it won't break are they a strong lump?

Evo 5 RS
Have a read fella. The engines themselves take a hammering, it's everything else that breaks ;)

Just do a search for common faults.. they're surprisingly reliable. Mines let me down once (majorly) in 2 years with a failed water pump.

clio 182 black /gold
Mine used to do this. When i was on the motorway giving it some my rear window would get wet. As said it could be loads of water in the exhaust.

1.5dci
take for a complete and utter bounce, mine stood for a year, first thing i did within a few days of getting it back was take it for a long long drive

n that pope joke haha people fail these days