ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whining noise from belts?

Just stopped off at the shop on the way home n when i got back in n started it there was a horrible whining noise form where the belts are and the stop and battery light was on.

Tried driving and the noise died down and the lights went off but all starts again when ease off!

When i got home checked again n there was a smell of burnt rubber form where the belts are!

Just had my belts changed recently, any ideas?

Just had a search and found a couple of vids of the noise i have, and the prob was the PAS pump. Prob is would there still be a smell of burnt rubber if it was the pump?

Had all my belts done last year at Ktec. Any advice appreciated

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was pas pump when it made this noise

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My dads mate had the same problem and it was the alternator. (£££'s!)

That was on a 182 btw.

I mate thats the sound, think it is the pump after reading some threads!

Any idea how easy it is to change, got a jms intake and am overseas so only place to go is renault, just dont want them touching the intake!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I mate thats the sound, think it is the pump after reading some threads!

Any idea how easy it is to change, got a jms intake and am overseas so only place to go is renault, just dont want them touching the intake!

Got mine done at a garage, did the water pump a while ago with my uncle, its a pig, anything to do with the belts will get done at a garage in the future.

Couldn't the battery light still come on if the another pully's bearings have gone and have altered the belts tension on the alternator?

Tbh, you need to get a mechanic to diagnose it.

Im gonna try get down to renault 2 moro, either Altenator or PAS pump, just worried if the have to start removing parts from the intake, always happens when im away!

Clio 182
I cant see the vid at work but ive had both belts changed this year including the tensioners and mine still makes a slight whine noise. Its not loud at all but it can be heard

Just had a mechanic look, didnt make the noise as loud but reckons its the alternator plus the smell is coming from right next to the drivers headlight which is where the alternator is, correct me if im wrong?