ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which wipers?

172 Cup
I had some flat blades and they were rubbish, got them off the net. but i hear the bosch aoretwins are really good. there was a pic the other day on here with them on. im gonna buy some wheni need new ones. bit pricey mind!!

BMW M3
Ive owned 2 different sets of flat blades (dont think either were bosch) and they were gash.... every time ive put the old std bosch blades on and its 100 times better. Dont know why i bothered in the 1st place.

The bosch ones might be ok though, so dont let me stop you. Just my 2p worth lol

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Do you mean these?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=199637&highlight=wipers

I bought and fitted them the other day. Superb, well worth the money.

They're ggggreat!

Super smooth and quiet. Really clean the windscreen ultra clean too.

Look pretty cool. I'll never go back to standards now.

If I'm being mega fussy though, the drivers side one doesn't quite touch the glass about an inch from the end, until it gets half way up the window.

Doesn't effect performance though and it's out of your line of view.

Top blades.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
While I'm at it, my rear one never cleans at the very top of the window, just smudges it.

Any way of making it create a perfect semi circle?

It's a new bosch blade too. (Normal as they don't do the flat rear ones)

Recaro Black Gold 182
The Bosch ones are much better than the other brands. But as said in some places they dont touch the glass compleatly (sp).

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
While I'm at it, my rear one never cleans at the very top of the window, just smudges it.

It's a new bosch blade too. (Normal as they don't do the flat rear ones)
Mine doesn't do the rear properly either have to do twice and it's ok

CB600FS

Chris you need to clean up then lubricate the spring they get a bit weak over time, give it a blast with a cleaning brush then a bit of WD40 should hold the blade against the screen firmer.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

Chris you need to clean up then lubricate the spring they get a bit weak over time, give it a blast with a cleaning brush then a bit of WD40 should hold the blade against the screen firmer.
Not a bad idea i'll give it a go tomorow when the weather is better

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Isn't it amazing, 100 years of motoring, and no one has come up with a better idea for keeping the screen clear of water, than a strip of rubber on a stick !!!!

BMW M3
^^^^

yeah, i loathe the stuff. I put it on, smears when you have to use you wipers below 50 mph, I take it off with polish, leave it for 3 months and then think "mmm i wonder if it will work this time"....... and it doesnt.

This usually repeats itself a few times and then its to this point.... its all thrown away. I cant understand how its classed as a safety measure when it just smears my screen !!

So yeah, i dont like it much lol

So rain (in the yellow bottle) is quite crap then ? I've got it, but i've never used it.

With regard to wiper blades, I always buy Bosch ones, they are really cheap on ebay (loads cheaper than halfrauds) they work really well.