ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which springs???

A few
After some lowering springs but not sure which to get.

Im looking for the car just to sit nice on a pair of 172 wheels. I also want the ride to feel comfy etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? or recommend me any to buy?

All suggestions welcome, cheers.

mk7 fiesta zs
i would buy a full kit (springs and shocks) as just fitting lowering springs usually makes the ride very firm. adjustable shocks would be a good idea - spax are pretty good AFAIK

A few
i would buy a full kit (springs and shocks) as just fitting lowering springs usually makes the ride very firm. adjustable shocks would be a good idea - spax are pretty good AFAIK

A full kit would be much more expensive really. How much would i be looking to pay for the kit? ideally?

A few
Was advised to get some eibach sportline springs, but it says on the description...lowers by 45-50mm and i dont really wanna go that low.

How low would you recommend to go for the car to look nice on 172 wheels?

Clio 182 with cup kits
I've only heard bad things about the Apex. I was in the same position as you and after lots of research and advise I bought Eibach 'sportline' springs. They are the perfect mod. Not too low but arches will sit about an inch above the wheels. Ride is comfortable as they are progressive, which means fairly comfortable in a straight line but stiffen up when cornering hard. They really make the car handle well. My 182 had the cup kit and they are a handling improvement. I'm not saying they are better than a full kit (they are not) however they are the perfect compromise if you car's not being tracked. Cost is reasonable too, looking at about £130 ish and they are TUV aproved. A good quality piece of German engineering.
They also do a proline sping which is slighly more expensive, better handling still but will not lower the car as much and seen as the sportline kit isn't particually low you might find the cocmetic look not as good.

A few
I've only heard bad things about the Apex. I was in the same position as you and after lots of research and advise I bought Eibach 'sportline' springs. They are the perfect mod. Not too low but arches will sit about an inch above the wheels. Ride is comfortable as they are progressive, which means fairly comfortable in a straight line but stiffen up when cornering hard. They really make the car handle well. My 182 had the cup kit and they are a handling improvement. I'm not saying they are better than a full kit (they are not) however they are the perfect compromise if you car's not being tracked. Cost is reasonable too, looking at about £130 ish and they are TUV aproved. A good quality piece of German engineering.
They also do a proline sping which is slighly more expensive, better handling still but will not lower the car as much and seen as the sportline kit isn't particually low you might find the cocmetic look not as good.

Good post. Ye ive been fishing for research for a while now. Do you think i will need to replace the shocks because they have 60mm springs on for over a year? When i did some research, i came across somewhere that the shocks could be damaged if it as had 60mm or more on them. Could this be why my car is really bouncy at the moment? or could it be the fact that its on 60mm springs and with 17" wheels on? lol.

Clio 182 with cup kits
Difficult to be sure without seeing them but they will have been under more stress, I guess. Does the car continue to bounce for a while if you press down on the wing and release? or can you see wet arround shock where they are leaking? If not sure get a garage mechanic to check them out!
17 inch wheels will make it a bit harsh a ride as of course the tyre profile is probably small. (tend to feel every bump). Think most people stick to 15" or 16" max.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Apex springs are linear springs which will make it feel far to firm and crashy.

Sportlines are progressive springs much better ride and handling on uneven surfaces.

EIBACH SPORTLINES.............CLOSE THREAD!

A few
Apex springs are linear springs which will make it feel far to firm and crashy.

Sportlines are progressive springs much better ride and handling on uneven surfaces.

EIBACH SPORTLINES.............CLOSE THREAD!

:cool: it says they lower 45 - 50mm, maybe abit low. The roads near me are really uneven. Are these sportlines really that good? lol.

A few
I would say Sportlines as they lower that litter bit more and are less firm.

Ive done hours of research lol but i think im going to go for the sportlines.

I need to find out if my shocks are ok, because they may have been under alot of pressure from 17" wheels and 60mm springs. Will check tomorro.

Also, as any ever purchased from kamracing?

Last edited: