ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Pipercross universal filter?

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Evening,

I need to order a few parts to make up a filter kit to suit a little project we are currently working on. Does anyone know the exact Pipercross part number that's normally used when the filter sits between the headlight and battery. Suppose the most common application is with the Stone Automotive RS2 inlet manifold.

C0171 seems the most obvious choice as it's got a 70mm id neck and is 200mm long and 100mm wide - and can supposedly flow up to 210bhp - which should be enough.

The only thing that has thrown me is that the CO part # seems to imply the filter is a cone shape (tapered) where most installs i have seen use a cyclinder shaped filter. Cylinder shaped version are only rated to about 150bhp with a 70mm id neck (PK003

Any help would be apprieciated.

Nick

HBT 172 Cup
THe C0171 PX filter was the 2nd filter of choice for my turbo setup, i only chose another as i wanted a cotton gauze filter.

This filter is Jetex ER-7002, which would be a suitable alternative for your RS2 if you didnt want the PiperX. 70mm rubber neck, 100mm width, 202mm total length. £51 from Jetex Website.

DSC01811%20(Custom)_zpsa756fa25.jpg

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Cracking - cheers Laine!

Funny - ive seen this picture in your project thread but didnt think to search for what filter you used. Looks like it will fit by the battery/headlight in my application.