ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Oil

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 10 August 2005

just ordered some Silkolene Pro S 5w40 from oilman!
Good man! been using it in the hybrid for a while now temps and pressures are always spot on.

Ive got the Excellium 5w40 fully synth stuff from renault themselves - managed to get a good deal off Pootle with the spare amount she had and I also got some more cheap from my decent local Renault garage.

Still a *bit* noisy at start up when its chilly but the engine seems a bit smoother now once its up to temperature, and temps dont go as high during high speed cruising - only went up to 110 last week when they had previously gone to about 130 with the old oil!

Is Elf Excellium GP 5w40 good???

Elf is not popular at all in HK. People say its quality is not so good. I heard that Elf in my area is from China. I hate that when I cannot find the origin of the product or where is it made? Always want to try Elf cos Renault use elf. I do have the Elf sticker that comes with my car.

I am using Moutl 8100 Fully Synthetic. But still think I should get better one like 300V cos I want better protection for my engine during the hot weather.

HKKA, try Synergyn Racing Oil if youre locate in Hong Kong. Im currently using it and make great difference in performance. 20km/h more on the same road compared with oil provided by dealer here. Its SAE-0W20 but the engine run very smooth and no noise at all. Till now, I ran for 10000km but still no performance degrade. For the oil temperature, it will keep at around 100 degree and hardly increase even under hard race.