ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which OEM units have AUX in for Ipod?

Clio 1.4 16v
Hi Chaps,

I have a Clio 2002 1.4 Expression with the 'Tuner List' cd head unit. I believe it has no aux in plugs but I am going to pull it out and check.

I want to connect my ipod via the aux in plug in the cheapest way possible. Yes, I am too tight to buy the Dension adaptor!!

So, if my head unit can't do the job I want to go down to the breakers and get an OEM unit that does have the required plugs. I want to to do this because:

1. I want a standard headunit for safety.
2. It will be cheaper than buying a new unit.
3. My steering controls will still work (for volume and pause/mute and to flick radio stations-I don't mind using the ipod to change tracks etc)
4. The standard unit is not attractive to thieves.

So my question is-can anyone advise which head units will have aux in/rca plug at the back so I can just plug a cheap and simple cable into it for the ipod?

This is the cable I am thinking of: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330147177114

Thanks Chaps.

Clio 1.4 16v
none have that lead it has a changer lead one end and either 3.5mm jack or 2 phonos the other

Thanks for that but I don't quite understand:
Do some have a 3.5mm jack and do some have 2 phonos?
Are phonos the same as RCA plugs?

Can either of these be used to connect and Ipod?

I have considered FM TRansmitters but I would prefer wiring it in over the sound quality/tuning issues of an Itrip or similair.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
in a tuner list the only producky ive seen ins the "connect 2" lead i can remember the name however i found it on ebay was about £30. any way.
it connects to you cd changer controls (blue port) then goes to a small silver box or decoder ass i call it, which through witch craft out puts to 2 phono socket. and the nady phonot to 3.5mm jack cable supplied plugs in and into the earphon socketon you walkman/ipod. personally i have a sony ericson hifi cable hooke dup and play the tuned through my w850i, works great, when a call comes in it plays it through the speakers.

i'll try and look up the product code.

found it

Connects2 CTVRNX001 - Aux Adapter - Renault
£29.99 *6.50 p&P= 36.50 trust me works like a charm.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.4 16v
or make the other for 10 quid

Thanks for the input guys. I think I know exactly what I need to do now and do it cheaply with out fm interference!

I'm over in Athens but I am sure I will be able to find the bits. My Greek isn't up to scratch for technical conversations but luckily most of the techie-type shops have someone with good English.

One more thing. Will this provide power to the MP3 as well?

Clio 1.4 16v
PS: Please excuse my ignorance here but is there any risk of burning out something? I mean if the RCA are the wrong way around?

wont provide power,only the connects 2 lead wil charge it (if its an ipod)rcas- no will just mean its a lot louder usually

Clio 1.4 16v
Thats ok-will get a ciggie charger but likely be taking it of the car often as tempretures in the sun hit over 50c here in the summer. A cool day at the moment is 35c!

I have been to a couple of car audio shops but none stock it-they have called their suppliers and I will know tomorrow if they have any.

I never thought I'd say it but I miss Halfrauds!!

Maybe Renault will stock it? Is it actually meant to be the CD changer plug?

Cheers.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
well the tuner list (the basic unit) one onlyhave the cd changer plug, where as the update list units(fund in the 182) have aux inputs these are different, and the aux cable (chorelys link)wont work in the cd changer port apperently, but if you wanna try it you can.

Clio 1.4 16v

Thnak but the seller says: *Important note : The Aux Plug cannot be used on the older "Tuner List" HU. Installation is required!

I have a tuner list so no joy for me. I am going over to the main Blaupunkt store in Athens as they want to look at the picture I got off here and see my HU.

Hopefully I will have some joy as we driving up to Corfu in Aug (6hrs) and would like it all hooked up by then!

Why do they make it so hard to do something so bloody simple hey? I miss the UK for the easy availibilty of bits and bobs!

Clio 1.4 16v
Hi chaps,

With the conversion that Matt Trev has suggested, can I use this RCA to Firewire adapter instead of RCA to 3,5mm?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00083D7WC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Will it give better sound quality or any other advantage over the 3,5mm jack?

I like the fact that it is retractable to keep things neat in the car. Plus its available in the shops here in Athens.

PS: I found this shop in Scotland (but do onlines sales!)http://www.soundmasterscotland.com/blaupunkt_aux_in_aux_interface_i019418.aspx
who do the Blaupunkt aux interface aux in with RCA's for £6.99. Looks like the same thing we are making up ourselves, no?

yep is exactly the same part that blaupunkt lead,these are available for all makes of radio,im using one in my pioneer unit,
the part on amazon you are referring to is possible to use,connect it to the blaupunkt lead but there will be no difference in sound quality

Clio 1.4 16v
Hello mate,

Just got back from the Blaupunkt Dealer here who had this OEM 'Adapter Lead ISO' cable just like this one:
http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/sh...ductJJ2883ZZcategoryJJ/Accessories/Autoleads/

So I bought (only e9) thinking this will be a nice easy solution as it already has the 3.5mm jack on.

However, I have plugged it in and tried on a 4gb and a 30gb Ipod but the HU doesn't detect the signal. I have tried shutting the power off completely and restarting the HU (Pulled out the power plug and reconnected whilst the new aux was in place and then put in the security code).

Is somethijng wrong here?

The only difference I can see between this and the Halfords one is that this has a black earth wire but surely that makes no difference?

earth wire i wouldve thought would send a signal to it to say that there is sound coming through it,kinda works like boss systems in audi's etc

Clio 1.4 16v
Strange indeed. I'll give it a try with the earth wire unplugged and see if that makes a diff.

BTW over here it's 40c in shade right now.....