ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which mods cost extra on insurance premiums?

Iceberg 172
I've just been reading a thread from earlier in the year about declaring mods etc, and obviously the advice is to tell them about everything. But which mods are likely to add to your premium and which are generally accepted as just non-standard replacements? eg:

- lowed suspension?
- SS exhaust; does it make a difference if it's stealth or not?
- ITG panel filter?
- remaps; RS Tuner / custom?
- matched inlets?
- different wheels, eg Turinis?
- different tyres? (Surely not!)
- minor bodywork; eg cup spoiler, CF Splitter etc?

Who's declared these things and what was the effect on premium?

182, 172 Track Shed
Im with greenlight who are very mod friendly

Lowering Springs + cat back exhaust + RS Tuner remap declared, even ITG panel filter, no increase whatsoever in premium. They may charge you 25 quid admin fee, but if you declare when you join or renew or whatever you dont pay anything :)

They will not insure you if you decat and make it quite clear if your found to have one and you try to claim, they will not cough up

Joe

PH1 172 Sport
Try bentacre as well I can do whatever I want to my car as long as I dont stray over 200bhp. Theres also no admin fee for adding future mods to your car.

Iceberg 172
So is the whole issue of mods/premiums very insurer-specific?

I started the year with Privilege as the were cheapest for a standard car, but I'm looking at doing things like matched inlets & RS Tuner in the new year.......

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Privilege are Direct Line and as far as im aware dont allow mods if you are under 25 ...

Im with Highway through Adrian Flux and neither my exhaust/filter/seats made any difference to premium. No admin fee either.