ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which LSD and are they worth the money?

Clio 172 Ph1
Well I was thinking of saaving up a few €'s and buying a LSD for the clio in the future!

So has anyone else made this up-grade and how do you find it, is it worth all the extra money?!:eek:

Quaife (is the spelling) is what most people go for, unless you are made of money - then get the Gripper diff.

Quaife is fit and forget, so it has that advantage, but doesn't perform quite as well as the Gripper.

For a track car, I don't think it's worth it. As a Burpspeed team member (oh yeh!) I've seen the time difference in races when they didn't have one on the car last year, to this year, where they have a Quaife fitted. Both Tony and Jay say it's great, and they definitely feel the difference coming out of the corners, but they are racing, so every second counts.

On a track car, there are much better ways of spending your money, namely more track days ;)

2.2 bar shed.
A Gripper is a hero choice. Only reason I didnt go for one in my Rover was the fact I'd not be able to do a full european tour on one as the rebuild schedules are pretty tight. Depends upon milage/money set aside for upkeep. Best thing about the Gripper is if you snap a shaft you can still drive as its a true LSD, unlike the Quaife where you'll be going home on the back of a trailer.

You can get the power down better coming out of corners, instead of spinning up the inside wheel, which Clios would do as standard.

Probably a bit more to it than that lol