ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is the generally preffered tyre size for a 172?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Stick with the standard size? or should I copy the 182's way of doing it...

I'm new to this 16" wheel malarky - always been a 15" man myself ;)

I want something that will work well on the std 172 alloys but will also work well on a set of cup/aftermarket turinis...

Infact why did renault choose to change the tyre size for the 182? was it due to weight/suspension changes? If so if I plan to change the suspension on the 172 does that factor into the choice of tyre?

For the williams I hated changing tyre size to anything other than the correct 185's anything else ruined the dynamics - I don't wan't to do that on the 172 so I was planning on sticking with the 195's but it threw me why the changed their mind for the 182s...

Apologies lol!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Anyone shed any light? going to be ordering some soon...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I had a document about this, it just proved to be a better setup along with the extended wheelbase. Only bad side is the extra tramlining.

M2 Competition
Ive found 195's to be the better tyre. Car will feel sharper and more nimble on the 195's... but a better cruiser, potentially more maximum grip although with more tramlining on the 205's.

Last edited: