ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which is quicker to 60? a standard 106 gti or clio williams? :)

C

Cupster

A decent Williams I would think! Prob depend on the launch though!

S2000
With regards 0-60 times you have to remember that a williams has to go into 3rd gear to hit 60mph. If this wasn't the case it would hit 60 a lot quicker than a 106 GTi.

Pearl Black 172
106 gti i would say, and through the rest of the gears i would still say 106 gti except top end.
Used to own a vts so essentially a 106 gti

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
a williams will hammer a 106 gti in every respect apart from 0-60 as it has to go into 3rd. But as soon as its in third it will pull right away from a 106.

you'd be able to pick a 106 up cheaper tho id imagine, and probably be able to find a better nick one.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I know the saxo VTS weighs 935kg's with 120bhp, does the 0-60 dance in 7.4

owned one for a spell before the ph1, fantastic car

Couldnt comment on the Williams!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
The Williams is not about 0-60 so it's not a good comparison. As someone pointed out you have to go into 3rd to 60 so it appears slower than it actually is.

M

mini-valver

I have a VTS and while its quick enough, I dont rate the handling at all. It's good fun and oversteer really isn't the fastest way to travel BUT I absolultely love it. I'd say it's the best car I've ever owned TBH. Its a shiter to look at, done 121k and creaks and knocks from time to time but it starts everytime, gets punished everytime I drive it and puts a smile on my face. Cheap to run too if you hunt around for insurance.

I've driven Valvers and dont rate them at all, I know they are no Williams but I'd take the VTS over a valver every day of the week.

BLACK GOLD 182
106 is better 0-60 but if i was you just for the kudos i would get a williams and make it quality! if not just sack it off and go for like a lupo gti they are nice little cars

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
why 0-60 though? I take it this is just for traffic light grand prix's?

Why not get a 4x4 cossie and launch that off the lights, sub 6 seconds for a decent one