ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which car? Cupped 197 or 197 cup??

Shed.
^The R27 has pretty much all the options it was a 197 with cup pack suspension, recaro's, climate, xenons etc etc.

Unless the albi is an r27 then its the CUP
why? The R27 isn't based on the cup its based on the 197 but had the cup suspension, which is the only thing on the cup thats better than the standard 197...

Dont think i could live with the interior of a cup tbh, iirc from my testdrive the cup's steering wheel was even worse than the dynarat one ??? it didnt feel too good tbh.

Go for a 197 IF it has the cup chassis im sure you could find a few bucks for some decent springs.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
R27 has all the options of a 197FF.

Plus - Firstly, Cup chassis which is suspension/chassis changes, anthracite wheels, red Brembos. Then it also has factory tinted rear windows, Recaro front seats, the F1 stickers, the plaque, MP3 headunit over the normal one and the option of Liquid Yellow. That's all I beleive :)

M135i
any excuse :)

2437473798_724f6584a2_b.jpg

more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hungry_must_eat_food/sets/72157604699021791/

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Go for a 197 IF it has the cup chassis im sure you could find a few bucks for some decent springs.

...what?

Having seen 2 GW cups at the weekend there is no contest. Cup ftw.

You can get a white normal 197 as well.

Just for some background here, this is taken from Evo, from before the Cup came out, when reviewing the R27 and details the Cup Chassis -

It’s the Clio that better understands our sort of automotive décor. Not that it tries very hard – it just has a pair of the best Recaro seats you’ll find in any car. Under its stickyback plastic, the R27 has been lowered by 7mm compared with the stock 197, while the springs have been stiffened by 27 per cent and 30 per cent front and rear respectively. The MacPherson struts also have a 10 per cent increase in bending stiffness combined with more flexible bump- stops to increase stability under braking (the awesome Brembos remain the same 312mm and 300mm respectively) and improve the steering precision. These changes all add up to the Cup chassis, soon to be a stand-alone option on all 197s.

So, it's not JUST dark grey wheels and shiny calipers :)

Dan

200 Gordini
^The R27 has pretty much all the options it was a 197 with cup pack suspension, recaro's, climate, xenons etc etc.

Unless the albi is an r27 then its the CUP
why? The R27 isn't based on the cup its based on the 197 but had the cup suspension, which is the only thing on the cup thats better than the standard 197...

il admit i didn't read it was a cupped 197... But I personally would prefer a Cup over a standard 197, It also look the muts nuts.

And I said the r27, well just because its an r27

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
red one by the looks of it (top one) isnt a r27 just a standard 197 no seats??!

white one is nice! i like! but why spend 18k on a clio lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Where did you get 18k from paul?? I like the red R27, colour suits the car.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I'd go for the Blue FF or the real red R27 out of the those.

Wouldn't give them more then £11k though

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get 18k from paul?? I like the red R27, colour suits the car.

Click the 4th Auotrader link just up a bit mate, white 197 Cup and the guy proudly states

"I Paid Very Nearly £18000 Only Six Months Ago. Only Used As A Second Car"

I know he's probably lying, but, why make yourself look that stupid? I was offered a new Cup, with Nimbus paint (£360) Aircon (£525) for just over £12k....

Dan