ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Air Filter with cams

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Wondering what air filter will flow best with cams?

I'm looking for independent results, no bullshit

HBT 172 Cup
IMO Probably the new Ktec one, seems to be the centre of discussion at the moment. Its turned out good results for everyone thats used it.

I still want to get mine re-dyno'd at SRR for some independant results though.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've offered for K-tec to sell me one of these new induction systems to try on independent rollers, I've had no response which says it all really

Renaultsport Clio 172
My old 172 with Engine Dynamics cams, 182 mani and decat made 192.5 hps (167.5 whp). Alhtough I fancy trying the k-tec new concept, albeit using my own materials. This was with the once famous Espace V6 airbox and piper filter from JMS

Renaultsport Clio 172
I tend to think that the k-tec new product idea (which isn't new nor theirs by the way) or a typhoon CAI all the way down to the fog light work good. My vote goes to the filter behind the head unit though.

On a dyno day there were two 182 that with only decat and CAI made 186 and 190 respectively. other clios (several 172/182) were doing from 160-170 consitently on the same day so the dyno was reading fine.

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Yes, you're right there, a silicone elbow will help - even better if you move the battery and have the airbox sat where the battery was

172 Cup
I've offered for K-tec to sell me one of these new induction systems to try on independent rollers, I've had no response which says it all really

Could be due to it being a bank holiday weekend ;) I found that nut on my mums drive last week.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Phase 1 airbox and green cotton air filter element. That's what I use. Had a cone filter when I bought the car and although it sounds great it was sucking hot air into the inlet manifold. It runs much better with the OE airbox setup as it gets plenty of cold air into it and it's plenty big enough to give good airflow

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Could be due to it being a bank holiday weekend ;) I found that nut on my mums drive last week.

Hopefully I'll get a response, may have a maxogen to try soon too.

Cant believe it mate, its months since I was down to yours