ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which (2nd hand) iPod?

Suzuki SV650
A local computer exchange place has the following pods in stock, I'm trading in a few things and late on this arvo I'm going back in to get one but I'm not sure which one to get?

- 8gb/16gb iTouch for about £145/£215

- 160gb Classic for £200

- 8gb Nano for around the ton mark

There are no 80gb Classics left which was the one I was originally thinking of getting, as these were about £135...

I....

...rarely partake in long train/bus journeys, but the odd film wouldn't be a bad thing to be able to put onto the iPod just in case. I guess this would rule out the Nano.

...work in a bar, so need to be able to stick a fair amount of music on for whilst I'm at work

...wouldn't mind the features of the iTouch, but what exactly can I get on there? Maps (or GPRS) would be a bonus as I have no Sat Nav. I'm aware the Touch can be 'modified' which is good I guess, but I'm guessing I need to be in a WiFi hotspot to get on the net, I don't have a roaming net connection so most of the time it'd be pointless?

From using a friends iTouch, one of the bad things about it seem to be the output volume (far far too quiet, can this be rectified?)

Features or memory I suppose, but I cannot chose between the two!?

Advice appreciated.

Stevo.

I would go for the touch and jailbreak it allowing you to install third party apps and games. Im guessing your home will be Wifi based, the web brouser on the touch is great. For surfing whilst taking a s**t or laid in bed. Also the email cilent is great.

They is no GPS but you can access Google maps and i know with the iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware you could get directions from A to B like with any route finder, but that will need to be done over a Wifi connection i'm guessing as my iPhone uses the EDGE connection, something the touch doesnt.

I took my iPhone away with me and it was great, I loaded it with a full series of Sopranos and a few Lost episodes it made the travelling on the trip fly by.

Regarding the output volume you can actually adjust the track sound loudness in itunes, this might sort out the volume issue, cant say i had one with the iPhone tho...

Suzuki SV650
The thing that would be great is if I could download a map or some directions at home or work over the wifi, then whilst in the car with the iTouch offline obviously, be able to access the downloaded maps/pdf/?

Is there a release date for the new apple iTouch software?

I have no idea about the firmwares anymore. I followed it closely since the release of the iPhone in the US.

Im just compairing that iPod Classic to an iPhone really, Im sure the touch will be just as good.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
If you want it to watch films I'd get the touch, otherwise the classic.

(but tbh.. iphone ftw)