ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheres it from

thanks tried it...Cardiff !!! I live in essex..and the prevois owner was from byfleet...what the hell is a car from cardiff doing down here I ask ya.. :confused:

Dont worry, mine was from the North East, Im in the South West and so was the first owner!! It came from a company who has dealers all over the uk...so they register them all at the point of import. Ive seen other cars near me with the same pre-fix as mine.:)

When you look around autotrader, cars up North seem to be cheaper, guess you can only sell a car for what people are willing to pay. Not saying Wales is a poor region ;) but, well, yeah.

cheers Viv..minds at rest, seems everything in s-east is more expensive even the girls round here are high maiantance! but is caledonia motors a reno dealer I ask ya I may sell soon and might get new plates with a local dealers details so it looks local.

I think youll find that reg plate generator is for old style plates, i.e. X000 XXX style where the last two letters used to indicate where registered.

Looking at your format, you have a current registration style of XX00 XXX and the last 2 letters in that mean nothing. If I stick my car in that plate generator, it just gets confused because I have a Z in my plate, and they werent used on old style plates.

You need to look at the first letter to tell you where a new style reg is from. In your case of RE (and mine with RV), they are both Reading.

A is Anglia, E is Essex, M is Manchester, L is London, R is Reading etc etc.......they all have a meaning. The bigger reg offices (like all of those I listed) have a letter to themselves, so Reading will own RA to RZ. Some of the smaller regions own half of one, like Northampton and Luton. One owns KA to something like KL and the other owns KM (roughly) to KZ.

Hope that helps

mike+Viv..thanks for your efforts.. still not seen u yet mate as Iv been over that way, at least u know the start of my reg if u do and vis versa thanks again.

caledonia had 7 renault dealers in the uk

wigan - warrington - blackburn - blackpool - preston - london - bolton

they have now been bought out because they are t**sers - i used to work for em - give me your reg and i will tell you your cars life.

thanks but I know its life got (HPI ) just wondered where it was from, wouldnt mind knowing why the guy sold it with only 1800 miles to me after 6 months of owning, by the way the shassie num has CB1A in it. my cars had some serious sitting around before I bought it.

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 17 September 2003

caledonia had 7 renault dealers in the uk

wigan - warrington - blackburn - blackpool - preston - london - bolton

they have now been bought out because they are t**sers - i used to work for em - give me your reg and i will tell you your cars life.

i swear the one in Romford (gallows corner) used to be caledonia aswell !

still never mind.