ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to get my 197 lowered?

SMURF!!!
Right i have bought some H&R lowering springs and now just need to get them fitted... the thing is i have rang around a couple of garages in Thurrock, Essex and this is what they said:

1) What are lowering springs?
2) £96.88 + VAT for the front and £34.19 + VAT for the rear.
3) £84 EACH SIDE front and £16 each side rear + VAT.
4) Why do you want to get it lowered?

So whats going on? Im sure someone on here said they had theres fitted for £60!!

Does anyone know of anywhere in Essex i can get them done at a much cheaper price?

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
EIBACH PRO LOWERING SPRINGS
All Clio 197 models inc R27

Price: £129.00+vat (151.58) Set of 4

surely you could lower the rear yourself??

RenaultSport 197
Ouch Carina!!

Your luckier then me though looking around to fit them. A local garage where I got my car serviced wanted £220 for fitting all 4 lowering springs!

Thank god I got them done for a much nicer price! ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it's anything like the 172it's easy to change the spring, did mine in about 2 hours, reckon i could do it in less than an hour now and never done anything like it before.

SMURF!!!
its nothing like the 172/182!!

172/182 takes 45min max

197 is about a 1.5-2hr job

Yeah thats what one of the guys was saying "the computer" said. Two of the garages typed info in to their computer and it came back with a price and time scale - how bizarre!

The bf reckons he can do them, but if the garages are charging soooooooo much im worried its a bit complicated. We've had a look at the car and even i can see the rear ones shouldnt be a problem, but not so sure on the fronts!

SMURF!!!
Ouch Carina!!

Your luckier then me though looking around to fit them. A local garage where I got my car serviced wanted £220 for fitting all 4 lowering springs!

Thank god I got them done for a much nicer price! ;)

Spill.......... hehehehe:rasp:

Where did you go and how much? Pretty please? :eek:

SMURF!!!
the front is a bit of a mare, not hard, just time consuming

Does that mean you can do them? I do actually want to talk to you about my exhaust :eek: - i love the sound of ado's! Maybe coincide them? hehehe.

Well want the car lowered at least before FCS :)

I second elite, had mine done there on my fiesta, decent price, nice lounge to wait in and laser tracking too.