ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is this coming from?

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hello!

I have a leak (well not sure if it is). Below where the airbox would be on a 182, I have what looks like oil stains which have been there a while, I dont think they are fresh. I was just wondering if anyone knew where it could be coming from or if there is normally oil there?

Thanks!

The area where it is oil stained is to the left of the pipercross sticker
34quy6e.jpg

I've cleaned up the block a bit so its looking grey but towards the back is where its oily.

144a2xh.jpg

2003 Clio 172
I think....I could be wrong, but the gearbox breather is in there so the box could have been overfilled in the past, or it might still be and you will be getting a wee bit of overflow......or this is just standard fare....not sure....Could also be the crankcase breather. Does your blue inlet pipe have an intake for that?

if it doesn't, the pipe could just e hanging down behind there spitting out a wee bit of oil.

Mine doesn't have the staining fyi

J

172/1.2/E30
Looks like a bit of oil residue coming from the breather on top of the gearbox. No need to worry as it's normal.

2003 Clio 172
There we go......voice of knowledge. Might go and check if there is oil left in my gearbox

:D

J

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Cheers guys! It is right next to the little pipe coming out of the gearbox so I suppose it is the gearbox breather blowing off a bit!

I have a separate breather filter for the induction kit :) I'm gonna clean it all up and then change my gearbox oil when the weather is warmer ha!