ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where is the power steering pressure switch located?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
clearly i am a bit of a simpleton because i cant find it!

i have been told its leaking by a mechanic who wants a load of money to fix it.

i have got a part put aside at renault (£63) but have been told by a mate who is a mechanic (but only deals with peugeots) that i might be able to unscrew it, put some ptfe tape round the thread and wind it back in.

i have just tried looking under the bonnet (in the dark!) and cant fin it, i assume it bolted onto the power steering pump but i cant find that either.lol

can anyone enlighten me please? a picture would also be apprciated.

thanks.

just infront of the alternator mate. it's not all that easy to get at, and they have a reputation for leaking anyway. so long as you're not having to top the fluid up, i'd just try nipping it up

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I have a 172 cup, mine leaks. I have just left it and kept an eye on the fluid levels and they aint dropped in the 7 months i have had the car.

th_powersteeringpump1.jpg

th_powersteeringpump2.jpg

Sorry, for some reason i can't get the pics any bigger!!

Last edited:
that's it. it's difficult to get a spanner on it, but see if it'll nip up at all. go steady, though, as you don't want to be snapping any pipe

are you having to top up the fluid?

mine leaks as well but, as WILL, doesn't seem to need topping up

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i havnt check the fluid level yet but will do it in the light tomorrow.

next question is which one is the power steering res? ha! i'll look in the owners manual unless you can tell me off the top of your head.

172 Clio Cup
:)it's in the top right hand corner of the bay - beneath the washer fluid res

Did you guys use a spanner to unscrew the nut? Looking at mine I can't see enough room to use a spanner.

Any advice?

i seem to have fluid in the middle of the engine below the black pipe. Not sure if its the switch or the pipe leaking. Have to top up small amounts every month. Used 500ml in a year. Renault wanna charge £100 to look at it.

They tried to charge me £104 to replace my hazard switch which was sticking!! Did that myself. Robbing bas*****

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Sport S
Hi, doing a bit of necro to this post cause im looking for information about this thing, i just changed mine and 6 months later its leaking again -.-
Any1 know a fix plz?
Thanks!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What did you change?

Secondhand pipe on or new one?

The pipe itself splits right by the o-ring part which causes a leak, or the o-ring can also leak if its secondhand.