ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is the best place to get my 182 mapped

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,
Got to that point where I want to get the car mapped to make sure all the fueling and air ratios are sweet because changing to the induction kit and exhaust and I just want piece of mine all is well and utilising the most out the mods. I am not doing this to increase BHP because i know you don't get massive power gains just want to make sure it runs nice and efficient :)
I want to take the car somewhere with a rolling road so I can see the before and after and they can map it to my car.
Any help will be great
Many thanks
Ben

330i. E30 Touring.
Meh, waste of time IMO.

Spend the money on V Power and tyres, or if you really do want to make sure it's at it's best, get the timing checked by someone in the know.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Op you are in the same boat as i was a few weeks back. I took mine to efi in Runcorn. Ended up being 183/163lb. Drives so much smoother and genuienly feels quicker. I took mine for peace of mind and for the cost £159 it's a bargain.

Not sure why people say its a waste of time if the person doing it is good.

Clio 220 PH2
Thanks everyone :) there's a place up the road from me where they do a dyno night take it down for £30 they will dyno it. I was going to do it but haven't had chance yet with it only just being finished.
Now I have spoke to RS tuning today and got a quote would be people recommend them ?
I have heard of EFI might give them a call tomorrow
The car is in track spec at the minute so the weight is reduced a lot just thought maybe I could get a little more drivability out of it with a good map
If I have more air coming in and better flow of the exhaust out it must need the fueling sorting out to really utilise what being done (I know it will only be small)

Clio 220 PH2
Op you are in the same boat as i was a few weeks back. I took mine to efi in Runcorn. Ended up being 183/163lb. Drives so much smoother and genuienly feels quicker. I took mine for peace of mind and for the cost £159 it's a bargain.

Not sure why people say its a waste of time if the person doing it is good.
Was that a generic map for the car or one tailored to your car because £159 bloody good value

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I want a good baseline and then just small changing to suit my car. All I really want is claimed factory power (182) if i am running less than that at the minute

If it's around that figure I'd be happy. But tbh it's how it drives and like you I wanted to make sure it was ok. There was a dip in torque that was ironed out. So all in all its well worth the money.

Clio 220 PH2
If it's around that figure I'd be happy. But tbh it's how it drives and like you I wanted to make sure it was ok. There was a dip in torque that was ironed out. So all in all its well worth the money.
Well that's it I don't want run the risk of reducing a parts life because of the mods I have done. See mine sometimes feels there's a flat spot around 4000rpm which would be nice to get rid of.
Thanks mate :)

Clio 220 PH2
What's the spec of the car mate? Has it ever been mapped before would you know.
I bought the car completely standard to my knowledge (everything looked factory) it had stock exhaust and inlet nothing on the car looked changed I have done all the mods to it. But it's running a K-tec induction kit with a KTR ultra super super exhaust with decat, Pure Motorsport air con delete kit and that's it for engine mods everything else is chassis and weight saving mods

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
See mine had never been mapped. I had the decat fitted with an unsilenced centre and cold idle it was popping etc. Since the map zero issues.

Clio 220 PH2
See mine had never been mapped. I had the decat fitted with an unsilenced centre and cold idle it was popping etc. Since the map zero issues.
Mine does exactly the same thing a cold morning it's popping and banging till it starts warming up I mean it sounds good but is it the most efficient lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Got right on my tits tbh. Yeah it sounded ok but living in a quiet cul de sac at the time wasn't the best.

Clio 220 PH2
Got right on my tits tbh. Yeah it sounded ok but living in a quiet cul de sac at the time wasn't the best.
Yes must admit leaving my house the neighbours curtains were moving a little when leaving I have emailed EFI to see what they say would be nice to know what power the car has and to know everything is running sweet and I am sure the neighbours will be glad as well lol

dan's cast offs.
how soon do you want it doing? i've got three dates from chris the other day to try and get a customers car over to him but haven't booked as yet.

Clio 220 PH2
I am based in Nuneaton @Tim.
@bloke I am looking to maybe get it done sometime in August I have a week off from 8th till the 12th but on a track day so Friday wouldn't be a good day

dan's cast offs.
I've got 16-17-18 August as next time he's free although that was Monday so they're well of gone.

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be getting mine done at Efi once I've got the decat, exhaust and timing sorted. There's a graph (which should always be taken with a pinch of salt) but it looks to massively improve power and torque around the 3-4k rpm region which will be handy for normal pottering about