ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where can i buy the tools for changing the cambelt?

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Got my engine out the car. heads away getting a bit work.

just gathering the cam belt and aux belt kits the now but where can i get the tools for changing the cam belt?

cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There are cheap kits available on eBay containing a lock pin and camshaft locking horse-shoe which will do you fine for your needs but there's only a few places you're going to get the pulley locking tool from and that's AST/Renault.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
yeah id rather get the whole kit. alot of what i see online is just some of the kit.

to get this right. i need:

The horseshoe type bracket for camshafts (non belt side).
2 pins for the flywheel/crank
and the device for locking the cam pulleys.

would i benefit from buying the belt tensioner wrench aswell?

thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There's only one pin required for the F4/F7 crank... Some people use an 8mm drill bit but they can snap as they're seriously weak at the base of the fluted section. The kit will contain two pins as, and i'm guessing here, the horse-shoe also fits the K4/K7 engines so i'm guessing the second pin will be the screw in "setting pin" for the 1.4/1.6 16v units.

Timing belt tensioner is done with an allen key and 13mm nut. You will struggle to get the genuine aux. belt tensioner bar/tool in to the bay of a Clio II RS due to seriously poor access. Some modify it, others use different, home made solutions. I use Snap-On serp belt rachet as it allows access to the tensioner within the small space you're given but i've seen others use space age tools such as jubilee clips (That do work well believe it or not).

Mick

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
yeah the engines out the car so space aint an issue.

I have done the aux belt before with the engine in. i used jubilees wrapped around the tensioner for that lol. doing away with the aircon and opting for the cup set up as i never use the air con anyway so that should be easier this time round.

Thanks