ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where can i buy a fault code reader for my 1*2 ?

I have tried a search with no luck really.

Does anyone know where i can buy a fault code reader for my 172 ?
i am needing it so i can read fault codes and generally know when sensors have gone tits up and it'd be good to have the ability and to turn off/clear airbag lights, emission lights, abs lights etc.

I have been looking at this one but its for Renaults only :(

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2400

Does anyone know of any other ones that can be used on my 1*2 and different makes of cars ?

I have been looking on ebay as well but unsure what interface the 1*2 has.
Is it a OBD2 socket thats under the ashtray ?

Cheers

Richard

Yes it is OBD2 under the ashtray and imo you would be better paying someone to use a proper machine those little handheld ones don't tend to be that good.

A.N. Other
I've got a cheap (approx £20) one from ebay, which works over bluetooth and I downloaded "Torque" for my mobile to read all the data.
It interfaces perfectly and shows a stack of data, apparently I've no faults recorded but the only way to check for sure would be to have a diag check done at Renault.
BTW, the OBD2 readers don't do all the fault codes - e.g. Airbag/Serv light, etc

Yes it is OBD2 under the ashtray and imo you would be better paying someone to use a proper machine those little handheld ones don't tend to be that good.

I'm afraid that having a french car that'd add up over time, running to the garage every time and light came on and pay them silly money to turn it off or tell me whats wrong when i could do it myself as well as replacing the part.
The fault code readers can't be that bad or they wouldn't sell.

I've got a cheap (approx £20) one from ebay, which works over bluetooth and I downloaded "Torque" for my mobile to read all the data.
It interfaces perfectly and shows a stack of data, apparently I've no faults recorded but the only way to check for sure would be to have a diag check done at Renault.
BTW, the OBD2 readers don't do all the fault codes - e.g. Airbag/Serv light, etc

That sounds a possibility, how reliable is the "TORQUE" Software and the bluetooth connection ?
Do you have any links to it ?

What do you mean some don't turn off all the lights ?

Renaultsport Clio 182
i've got the one from K-Tec at home - brand new in the packet and never been opened (it came as part of the remap deal i had done a while back). You can have it for £25 posted if you want. I can get pictures of it tonight to prove unopened condition too if you need reassurancePM me if interested

Black 172
MaxiScan MS509. Most of the ones of eBay are fakes but they're good fakes (cloned chips). Well worth the money. I saw a thread on kelseyforums.co.uk and the mechanics were buying them left right and center giving good feedback so knew it was the one to buy. Does everything I'm ever likely to need.

i've got the one from K-Tec at home - brand new in the packet and never been opened (it came as part of the remap deal i had done a while back). You can have it for £25 posted if you want. I can get pictures of it tonight to prove unopened condition too if you need reassurancePM me if interested

P.m Sent ;)

eBay, circa £20 delivered. Awesome bit of kit

Which ones are these ?

MaxiScan MS509. Most of the ones of eBay are fakes but they're good fakes (cloned chips). Well worth the money. I saw a thread on kelseyforums.co.uk and the mechanics were buying them left right and center giving good feedback so knew it was the one to buy. Does everything I'm ever likely to need.

I'll have a look for them on ebay.
Can they be used on other cars apart from the 1*2 ?

Doesn't the RSTuner read fault codes?
I use my rstuner it works pretty nicely.

Would be useful if i had one :rasp:

I use a mac tools ET 97 but can't find it for sale. But this is an identical copy and appears to include ET 97 software
http://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/product/C-Reader_V_Handheld_OBD2_EOBD_Scanner_ET-97

C
onsidering getting one myself to try out and keep in the car

Cheers

I'll have a look at that one too :)

A.N. Other
D1cky, the Torque s/w seems good. It helps if you've got a phone with a big screen as you can do live data gauges but the BT connection has been fine for me, on an old htc hero & my new S-E Xperia Arc.

A.N. Other
I have the BT version of that. IMO it's worth the £10 more it costs with a bt dongle, just so you don't have to rely on having a wired connection.

D - Yes, I believe you can.