ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels balancing weights

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Hello all,

I've had 4 new tyres on my car today and they balance the tyre on each wheel but unfortunately it seems like they've stuck on 3 small weights on the outside of the alloy wheel, presumably to balance the tyre to the alloy.

As this looks a bit unsightly is there anything I can do?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm sorry, is this 1995???

Who sticks weights on the outside nowadays?

Take it back and tell them you want it done properly, with the weights stuck inside the rim.

Tell them euros with a bit of sellotape (has to be the original stuff, not the cheap crap) stuck onto the rim do a good job IIRC

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sorry, is this 1995???

Who sticks weights on the outside nowadays?

Take it back and tell them you want it done properly, with the weights stuck inside the rim.

+1

Shabby backstreet garage or an old man?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Anywhere in Nottingham that does it properly then? How much should I be looking at paying to get it done?

It was my local tyre place and I presume they don't do it on the inside as they would of done it first time, I wouldn't be bothered if it was just one small clip but I've got 3 on one of them. Looks pants!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Anywhere in Nottingham that does it properly then? How much should I be looking at paying to get it done?

It was my local tyre place and I presume they don't do it on the inside as they would of done it first time, I wouldn't be bothered if it was just one small clip but I've got 3 on one of them. Looks pants!

Why are you wanting to pay someone else to fix it? Take it back and tell them to put the weights on the inside.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
If they could put the weights on the inside I'd of thought they'd of done it first time around, no?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I noticed some of my weights were on outside when I bought the car and just ignored it.. recently got new tyres on he smacked them on the outside. Cnut :(

It's A Reno
If they could put the weights on the inside I'd of thought they'd of done it first time around, no?

At some places you have to ask. I think they are a little bit more expensive you see.

Inner Ring Tyres in Derby do them if it's of any use to you. They are a 1st class set up too.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I'll pop down on my lunch and see what they say. If they are quiet it'll give them something to do.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
They said they'll do it for me, but haven't got the weights to do it until Tuesday.

A bit of a result anyway.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I was offered either when I had mine done, they said they normally dont use the clip ons for alloys so no idea why they did for yours!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
At least I'll get them sorted for Tuesday although it's a bit of a pity as I'm going to USC tomorrow for the evening.

Not got a car
you want to be carefull sticking weights on the outside can damage the wheels when taking them off, On my 172 it had weights on the outside and when i went for 2 new front tryes i asked if he would change the weights for me and put them on the inside. as the weights where all dull and looked nasty.
Well what a f**king mess, There were chuncks of alloy missing where the weights were crimped down. Had to have the all filled and sprayed by chips away.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Hopefully wont be the case with mine as they've not long been stuck on.

Cheers for the heads up tho fella :)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Got them sorted today. I took a before pic, will grab an after later tonight and then post them up for your amusement.