ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel stripping service?

Arctic 182FF
Got a set of wheels that I planned to refurbish myself. However, after many hours of sanding and still not even being close to finishing one wheel, I'm on the brink of giving up.

I was wondering if there was anywhere that would strip the paint off, back to the metal for me? For a price obviously.

Failing that, does anyone have any tips to make it a bit easier? My process so far has been starting with 240 grit wet&dry paper, sanding down until all blemishes are gone, then moving up the grades (400, 800, 1200). But on the middle part of the wheel loads of the paint flaked off, back to the metal, and it's really difficult to get the angle to sand it down to that level. I guess I could just use filler to save me having to san quite so much? But will this reduce the longevity of the wheel refurb job?

Thanks

E46 M3 + CLIO MK3
Take them to city powder coaters in Birmingham, £20 a wheel for sand blasting, sanding, powder coat and clear coat :)

Arctic 182FF
I've used city powder coating before. I rang them last week but they say they can't do the colour I want with powdercoating. I already have the paint too.