ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel refurb with loads of pics, Marmite content ;)

Going to let the pictures do the talking. Basically shows my home refurb and the wheels fitted at the end. Wheels are fitted with custom pcd adapters. Fronts are 40mm and rears 20mm.

Future plans will be to finally get an RS grill and have a laguna splitter in the garage, need a new front bumper because mines cracked quite bad. And just recently my ABS light has started to come on after about 15-20mins of driving so gonna check that out. After searches the most popular problems seem to be abs rings and sensors being damaged.

Flame suit on ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I like it, barr the fact you went orange again, bright blue would have been interesting.

Really good work on the spraying though, do you do it by trade?

A question, how much did all the kit cost you?

I like it, barr the fact you went orange again, bright blue would have been interesting.

Really good work on the spraying though, do you do it by trade?

A question, how much did all the kit cost you?

had a little play on photoshop and couldn't decide what colour to do them, eventually went orange again because like how they looked before.

With the spraying i already had an air compressor for air tool anyways and just brought a cheapish gun for 40 quid. My friend martin came over and showed me how to set the gun up properly and had a practice then when i brought these wheels it was the first real chance i've had, at having a go my self. really pleased with how well they've turned out.

All the paint was around 60 quid, primer, etch primer, clear coat, colour and pearl, but was brought trade by my friend. So guessing it would be a fair bit more without trade discount.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate, nice wheel refurb.

Althought the paint stripped you should just have coated thickly and left them, rub down the next day, the paint would have flaked right off.

Looks great, red and black would have looked better.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
had a little play on photoshop and couldn't decide what colour to do them, eventually went orange again because like how they looked before.

With the spraying i already had an air compressor for air tool anyways and just brought a cheapish gun for 40 quid. My friend martin came over and showed me how to set the gun up properly and had a practice then when i brought these wheels it was the first real chance i've had, at having a go my self. really pleased with how well they've turned out.

All the paint was around 60 quid, primer, etch primer, clear coat, colour and pearl, but was brought trade by my friend. So guessing it would be a fair bit more without trade discount.

So what's required is just a compressor and gun? So just compressor cost + £40...

Interesting.

If you're ever bored mate and fancy spraying something, call me ;)

I'm up in Luton pretty often :p

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
You did a really good job on those! I'd have gone with red though I think.

M135i
i LOVE the stance, always wanted to have a stance and tyres like that on mine, not to sure on the colour and wheels tbh though, but hats go off to you for trying somthing different.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
looks bloody awesome man!! the finish is so much better than it was when i had them! miss these loads tbh! good stance aswell, 40mm adaptors look better too as i had 30s

<3
DSC_0177-1.jpg

will defo be keepin an eye on this :)

Hehe stu they had to be 40's otherwise the inside of the wheels would hit the coilover. And looking at that pic seems you had yours wound down quite a but more than mine ;)