ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel leaning in at top!?

Renaultsport
Hi i have recently bought a 53 reg 172, and i have noticed the front drivers side alloy is leaning in at the top. Which is obviously now wearing the inside edge of the tyre badly.
Any ideas much appriciated!

Renaultsport
yea im thinking that, dont suppose you know how much they are? might be a sign to upgrade to coilovers ;)
forgot to say theres also a rumbling/whirling noise would that be a wheel bearing?

172 Race Car
from that side?

if so could be the tyre touching something, or yea a wheel bearing. fronts are pretty reliable tho

Renaultsport
not sure where that sound is coming from, i dont think the tyre is touching anything. is there anyway of telling that the shock is slightly bent without taking the whole lot off? thanks

Titanium 182
could you not just take the wheel off then get someone to alternate full lock. Should have no sideways movement when turning, if there is any, Bent shock. :)

PH1 172 Sport
Ive had one wheel bearing go on the front so they do fail occassionally but most bearing failures tend to happen on the rear wheels.