ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Centre Cap Colour...Opinions

RB 182
Got my turnini's powder coated yesterday to a 'Tungsten' finish which is between the standard silver and anthracite.
The problem is, they obviously couldn't powdercoat the centre caps with them being plastic. I asked them to see if they could try and sort them for me, saying they would try. I turned up and they weren't matching much to my disappointment and apparently I won't get a match.
I sprayed them satin black which you will see but I'm unsure if I like them like that.

What are peoples thoughts and I'm aware the bullets will need to match so unsure what way to go with them.

I'm starting to think I should have stayed standard but I like the tungsten (its actually darker than the images show).

Thoughts???

image1_zps0a50b7ec.jpg

image2_zps37eaea38.jpg

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
The alloy colour looks nice, I'd be tempted to go to halfords and buy some spray paint that matches the wheel colour. The black looks crap imo.

PB172,dci100,dci65
try to match the silver....if its a bit lighter, apply some little dark laquer. I would play with it till I am satisfied.
Wheels are fine, looking forward to get mine refurbished.

RB 182
I took 4 cans out when I was at halfords yesterday but it looked like it would be hard to match. Black was the quick fix and I don't think I'll be happy until they match along with the bullets. I think I'll have to spend a bit of time finding a near enough colour!

PB172,dci100,dci65
You could try do the mixture by yourself and apply with a brush if you do not have painting equipment. The surface is small, so it is not so hard to do it without any marks.