ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel boring, where to get it done? + offset issues

Hey guys

managed to pick up a decent set of bbs from a bimmer for just over 50 quid

the problems are, center bore (57.1) on a e30 and the offset

whats the lowest offset i would be able to use on the clio and where would i go to get them bored out?

cheers
ben

Hai ;)

Exactly the same approach as me.

I had it lucky knowing a friend if a friend that machined them out for £30, unsure how much otherwise so could be double or even more.

I'd try and find a engineering company with a flat bed lathe.

I currently have ET23, the fronts are fine the rears will scuff the tyres if you don't roll the arches in and go low. A little camber may help too.

Mat.

Ahh sweet, I knew I saw this done before on cs just couldn't remember, now I do!

The car looks great man

I will start to look up and make calls round here

And yeh I've the same offset
Was It hard rolling the arches then? And I'm gonna go low anyway ;)

Cheers bud

Yeah, I just didn't fancy BBS reps.

Cheers, best ringing around engineering companies and alloy wheel repairers.

I've only rolled them a little at the moment, I'm after getting a roller so I can do them more. Plus I've put a disc rear beam on so that widens the track by another 20mm. It shouldn't cost much for your arches to be rolled by a car shop/pro.

I was debating putting 175-50-15 instead of 195-50-15 so a little stretch to help with the archwork. Still not decided as I do love a spirited drive.

The rears I'll be rolling near enough flat and with camber they fit very well approx. 1.5°.

The fronts can, at a guess go another 10mm. Even more if you have a slight stretch.