ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing

What are the normal signs of a wheel bearing on its way out or may need replacing? Or... a hub?

When I'm driving on a dual carriageway, I get quite a lot of road noise. It's started happening at lower speeds too. I first noticed it when I'm doing 75mph. If I'm doing 70, it's there but can barely hear it and it's the same at 80 but at 75, it's there. It sounds like it's coming from the nearside rear too.

Ok... the problem is the wheel bearing and I "think" it maybe the NSR so going to get the car on a ramp on Tuesday as I'm out all day tomorrow.

What's this about the bearing being part of the disc and the ABS rings, etc...?

S4 Avant
You can normally hear wheel bearings "humming" when they start to wear, the pitch changes with the wheel speed as well.

The rear bearings are pressed into the rear brake discs, which also carry the ABS rings. It can all be purchased as a single item from Renault though.

Thanks for that!

It does appear the NSR is on its way out so I have ordered a pair or rear discs with the bearings and a set of pads, which will be delivered Thursday and fitted Thursday evening :)