ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats wrong with omp steering wheel bosses?

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Hi all,

I'm looking to swap to an omp trecento wheel and after doing a search it seems some folk prefer the momo boss, why is this?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Because you can't fit the cruise control block connector through the omp one the hole is too small. If you haven't got cc get the omp one as it won't make a difference

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly as above. I experianced this, id been excited for ages then the day i went to fit it, it didnt work.

With momo, your gauranteed no problems. As long as you order for the correct model of course.

You probably allready realise, but all boss/ wheels are universal and will work with any make.

I have momo boss with omp trecento wheel.

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Ahhhh. I see.. can the omp one not be modified? Has anyone got any pics of the problem?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
DON'T get the OMP one at all mate. It doesn't have the two blocks on the back to cancel the indicators. Which resulted in chewing up the squib thing behind where the boss sits. Cost over £200 to put right in the end !

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Mine don't :(

how it's made your boss in the back? I have an OMP boss.. which had a.. uhm... "finger" for cancelling the indicators but was too phat and misalligned, so i cutted 1cm off i drilled the remaining bit (radially with the rotation axle of the boss) and fitted a small screw holding a well made aluminium finger that are about 6 year that everyday do it's job perfectly also not a scratch on the rotating plastic thing of the signal cancel system :) if you have a pic of yours maybe we can solve your's too

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Mine don't :(

Ive heard some poeple lose the function. Tbh i didnt do anything special when fitting it, apart from being extra carefull, made sure the car was perfectly in a strate line so wheel was centre, then carefully removed wheel and replaced with boss. Maybe it was just lucky.

I specifically remember taking it out and the checking for the indicator cancel strate away, i did feel relieved when it was still working.

Wonder if removing and doing it again solves the problem?