ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the litre of gearbox oil the clio sport 172 ph2 can take ! advice asap

172 SPORT PH2
Bit worried the mechanics was like oh yea it only takes 2 litres, but I'm sure it was 4 litres

Bit worried as I don't want them putting too little in, and its worse ! Help

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
yep 3.1

depending on if the vehicle is perfectly level etc you might not got exactly that in though

dip stick on the gearbox?

or were you just saying check engine oil with dipstick whenever topping up?

172 SPORT PH2
after they replaced the gear oil + oil + oil filter, i noticed at the bottom of the engine where the im guessing the temp gage goes into the engine? it was surrounded with oil ? is that ok?

yeh they will have spilt some when removing the filter

wipe it off and just check it doesn't re-appear

I just changed my Engine Oil/Oil Filter and Gearbox Oil tonight, I used Castrol 75w 80 Gear Oil and it took 3.1 litres to fill the box.

This was until it came back out the fill hole on level ground.

Clio 197
I have some left at home... I remember paying for 3 litres, so it's 3 litres minus whatever's left in the bottle (I think!).

Want me to check tomorrow?

Clio 182
It is supposed to be 3.1
Changed mine a few days ago and it took around 2.8 to 2.9 as most times not all of it drips out when you empty it.