ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the difference between these tyres?

One is for extra load (XL) not really needed unless your owners handbook specifies it.

Normally they are used on heavier cars as they are able to stand a higher weight per tyre.

They usually have slightly stiffer side walls which can make ride a bit harsher and possibly make the steering reponse a bit sharper.

I had Rainsport 3's on my Golf and the grip in the wet was incredible. But the rubber was seriously soft and they made the car roly poly in the dry.

Once they were nearly worn out (Only 7000 miles) they were much better in the dry, especially with the pressures raised a bit.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I had Rainsport 3's on my Golf and the grip in the wet was incredible. But the rubber was seriously soft and they made the car roly poly in the dry.

Once they were nearly worn out (Only 7000 miles) they were much better in the dry, especially with the pressures raised a bit.

There are a lot of track/race drivers that have there road tyres cut down to about 3mm before they use them... it's also why people snap up worn tyres, not just because they're cheap, but they perform well worn in...

I know of some people who also use Budget tyres for track days, because most of them are made from very hard rubber, which doesn't overheat as much.