ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the difference between an MP3 and an i-pod?

BMW Z4 3.0i
They play exactly the same format of music, mp3's. Ipod has tighter restrictions on how you upload/download music to and from the ipod, is more expensive but on the plus side it looks better and is arguably unrivalled in how it's fit-for-purpose.

Formally Clio 182
MP3 is a computer format for audio. So music only.

How ever ipods play music, video and games. But yeah ipod is a brand name.

The amount of people that think that iPod's are not MP3 players makes me laugh. (Not talking about those on here).

Monaro VXR
I ended up paying less but I got a player with superior sound quality. Was not about the money or the looks I just like to hear the music sound nicer.

I also have a rather large hatred to iTunes and think it is one of the crappiest pieces of software I have ever had to use.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I have a friend who lives in the 1980's. He had this to say..

'Mp3 is a format (mpeg layer 3) and Ipod is a hardware device that allows you to play audio in the aforementioned format on the aforementioned hardware.'

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
pmsl at your "80's friend".

iPod is like saying Hoover. Mp3 player is like saying Vacuum Cleaner.

iPods are also like VW Golfs, in that Joe Public thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread.