ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you pay for this?

182 Black Gold
172 Cup Silver non A/C
37,000miles
standard exhaust
original belts - (Must be due a 5YO?)
04 plate

From a dealer: Currently up for £5800??

Thanks for your thoughts

Monaco 53/468
thats WAAAAYYYY over priced (IMO)

But its worth whatever someone is willing to pay

You can get a 182 for that money

a turbo'd yellow car
f**k no! way over priced! you could get a great example of a 182 for that!

you'd be a mug to buy that one!

I think £4k with the belts done would be a reasonable figure, I work in the trade but I would wait for someone like Daniel to come along before juming to any conclusions.

Italian 3.2 V6
LOL! So if its worth that, why did you try and advertise your car for £4500?

I agree with Alex. £4k if its mint.

172 Cup Silver non A/C
standard exhaust
original belts
condition?

plus because ino 4500 would get banterd down (o.n.o).

172 Cup Silver non A/C
standard exhaust
original belts
condition?

plus because ino 4500 would get banterd down (o.n.o).

2 years newer than yours.
15k less miles.

£4k with the belts done is probably about right.

£3250 is silly low.

BMW M135I
dont you think that some private sales are generally priced because of what past buyers bought them for? they are hoping to make as much money back as they bought it for which in this current money climate isnt possible.

a turbo'd yellow car
dont you think that some private sales are generally priced because of what past buyers bought them for? they are hoping to make as much money back as they bought it for which in this current money climate isnt possible.

wrong! bought my car for 6300 8 months ago! sold today for £6950

182 Black Gold
Thanks for the advice. will keep looking. Seen a few reasonably priced blue 172 cups but fancied the iceberg - if only theyd made a few more :-(

a turbo'd yellow car
They still paid a grand too much.

Nevermind. Its good for you.

you keep saying 6k but you can't just go on that!

i take it you base it on past sales?

well use this as bench mark to help you next time!

im not trying to pick a keybord war but want to make my point!

I base it on lots of things.

£7k is way over what a 182 is worth. Thats a fact I'm afraid. You're acting like you've just paid that much. If you had, then I could see your point. But you've just been given too much money for your car. Enjoy it.

Some people will pay over the odds for a car if the rights sort of thing comes up and they can't be arsed to travel/ look/ haggle, its lazyness and often the fact they are spending the banks rather than their own hard earned cash.

BMW M135I
tbh, glad you got more for your car, but was it standard when you bought it and modified when sold? even so, glad you made so money on it, more money for more mods on a car or a better one?

a turbo'd yellow car
tbh, glad you got more for your car, but was it standard when you bought it and modified when sold? even so, glad you made so money on it, more money for more mods on a car or a better one?

lol im not that good! was bog standard apart from the exhaust! plus all the wheels were marked and needed two new tyres!

look on my other thread for my plans.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Just going back to the OP & the original Car-

Depending on Quality of Car etc it CAPS between 3875 ( POOR) & 4575 (CLEAN)- thats trade-

Although through retail & dealer Price your looking at around 5.5-6k

Not the car I would go for..........

S

a turbo'd yellow car
Just going back to the OP & the original Car-

Depending on Quality of Car etc it CAPS between 3875 ( POOR) & 4575 (CLEAN)- thats trade-

Although through retail & dealer Price your looking at around 5.5-6k

Not the car I would go for..........

S

yep from a trader you will always pay top doller!

but there are better examples and better deals out there!

mk4 golf gttdi180
Selling a car is all in the wording and sale technique but it also comes dwn to how much you paid for it to start with.
Every car i have purchased i have made a good 300 (+in some cases) technically not costing me anything to run aswell as i dont tax or mot them .
ive done this with all 10 of my cars ive had and each time i buy smething better and better, I started of with 2k cash and now have a 4.5 k car so it does show.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
(to the OP) That cars worth £4500 all day long WITH the belts done.