ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what upgrade deals have you got from O2 online?

R35 GTR
I am trying to haggle a good deal with them, currently paying £30 month for 200mins(any time/network) plus 500 texts.

I have been offered 100mins and 500 texts for £15/month plus a free phone or £100 credited to account. Phone is worth more, W550i, w800i...

been offered the n70 for 69.99 with the above contract.

what have you lot managed to get?

thanks people.:D

Monaro VXR
Currently paying £13 Got free upgrade to K750i the W800i is pretty much the same as the K750 to be honest you can actually put the W800i firmware on the K750i so i have been told by a few people.

But i get 1500 off peak to land O2 numbers
50 Xnetwork
150 texts

I dont use my phone much during the day cause im usually busy hence why i have an offpeak contract.

That was a recent upgrade though before i had 1000 minutes, 25 xnetwork and 100 texts.

Clio Trophy
My Mrs is on O2 and i just got her a quality deal. Best way to play it is to ring up customer services, say you are leaving as your bills are to high! They never want to lose a good paying customer so will always offer the best deals to try and keep you. She now pays £25 for 500 any network/anytime minutes, and they have upgraded from a K750i to the new Nokia N70 for free!

Good work i say. Keeps me in her good books. Do you think if i get her to ring Easytrack she can get me a discount on my Trackday in return??? Ha,ha.

R35 GTR
wigstar1 said:
My Mrs is on O2 and i just got her a quality deal. Best way to play it is to ring up customer services, say you are leaving as your bills are to high! They never want to lose a good paying customer so will always offer the best deals to try and keep you. She now pays £25 for 500 any network/anytime minutes, and they have upgraded from a K750i to the new Nokia N70 for free!

Good work i say. Keeps me in her good books. Do you think if i get her to ring Easytrack she can get me a discount on my Trackday in return??? Ha,ha.

do you want to phone up for me, tryed to get the n70 for free, but they said they couldnt do it for less than 69.99.:(

I upgraded in june and got 400 mins and 1000 texts plus gold insurance for £30/month... that was with a k750

just blag them (disconnections). say orange have offered you something and they literally want to suck u off to stay with them.

I was offered not a lot until I asked for PUK (PUC?) code, they soon changed their tune then! Select option 2 on the customer services menu.

I was offered double what I was on for half the price, cant remember the exact numbers but its very good :)

i rang up in april/may time saying i want to upgrade to a 6680 (contract was due to run out in june, i.e. up for renewal and handset upgrade)
they said they couldnt tell me a price till it was in and nokia had kept pushing the release date back.
had to ring back on the date they said it would be in. what a suprise, given a new date..
by this time i said look my contracts up for renewal, you havent got the 6680 that ive been asking for. she said they wont be released until end of june by nokia, so i said well im cancelling and going to 3 then, transfer me to the cancellation department please.

i was paying 20 quid a month for 50 anytime anyoen mins and 500 free txts

she said if i hang on till the end of june, she will do me 300mins off peak anyone and 500 txts for 10er a month for 12 months. and said i can cancel whenever i want if i have more problems getting the 6680. and another 12month contract starts when the phone is dispatched.

so rang up end of june, told them i wanted the 6680. said it would be 100 quid, said i aint paying that.. told them the most im prepared to pay is 50, and to put me onto the contract cancellation people.. he gave me it for 50 quid. sold my old phone for 65, result.

Guy thats not bad.
Im on the old Genie contract, £10 a month 500 free texts 50 free peak mins. But i cant upgrade my phone ever or sim, so cant send pic messages or go on wap.
So looking for a new contract. Yours sounds good as does the one offered to Dave.
Want to wait for the moto v3i tho. You think they will let me have that? 100mins or so free and 500 texts for£15 a month?

they should do.. basically you can blag anything.. just say '' my contract is up for renewal soon and ive been offered a new contract with *blah blah* which is 100mins and 500 txts for 15 quid a monbth'' they will say they will match it if you stay with them or whatever. then just say yeah but theyre givign me the v3i free with the package..

if they have the v3i available they should give you it.. at the end of the day its a sale and a customer for another year for them.

just dotn try and blag anything from Dell computers.. thats a WHOLE different story. tossers.

Ha ha Dell are cheap enought to begin with tho.

I dont think im even in 12month contracts with them,just 10 quid a month. Proper old skool Genie!!! Had it 6 years!

Monaro VXR
Tonys said:
Guy thats not bad.
Im on the old Genie contract, £10 a month 500 free texts 50 free peak mins. But i cant upgrade my phone ever or sim, so cant send pic messages or go on wap.
So looking for a new contract. Yours sounds good as does the one offered to Dave.
Want to wait for the moto v3i tho. You think they will let me have that? 100mins or so free and 500 texts for£15 a month?

actual SIM doesnt need upgrading for mms etc to work its just something they have to provision for your account.

ant

yep.
i got a free n70 from vodafone.

you've got to show some balls though!! i argued with 3 different people before demanding my contract was cancelled.

about 2 days later some other women rings me up and offers me the phone for free [they wanted £70 originally].

even if it means putting the phone down do it, they WILL call you back.

R35 GTR
just got 200 anytime any network + 500 texts for £15 /month plus free w800i.

Dont want the nokia as i would spend loads on 3G.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
mmm think i'll be phoning to 'cancel' quite soon then. Last year managed to get upgraded to the 200 min and 500 free text whilst paying for the 100 free min contract. Also got my 6230 for free when they wanted £100 but gave them free to new customers. Gonna have to really try this year!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
GuyS said:
just dotn try and blag anything from Dell computers.. thats a WHOLE different story. tossers.

Using Dim 5150 3.4 system still got Dim 5100 3.2 system in garage not collected it ..............

Now thats a story..........

Clio 172mk2
theres 2 o2 call centers leeds n manchester , n u dont get choice which u talk to the manchester one with me was been t***s , wanted a extra 50 quid meaning i pay 250 for my new fone , which i sad was b****cks due to it been offered to new customers for 200, i said i`d cancel my contract n they didnt give a f**k.

then i foned back n goto leeds one n they was apologizin for the other center , n got it for the proper price

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
my girlfreinds just said she was canceling her network and they gave her 200miniutes and texts for £15

R35 GTR
Tonys said:
Dave, how did you get that, its exactly what i want but with the v3i

I have been with them 2 years, but i think you may have to pay for the v3i, not sure they have any in stock.

Ive been with em 6 years!!!
My bills are never too big tho.

I recon i will have to pay for the v3i, itsjust a case of how much?!?